Is there anything better than a new book that you wrote with a strong vocabulary, filled with unique nouns that start with T? Through the nouns starting with T you can pull all your thoughts together into a wonderful tale of terrific and thrilling triumph.
In English alphabets, the letter T is a fascinating letter and also one of the most commonly used letters in the English language. From thankful to taunting, list of nouns beginning with T provide a certain level of fancy to our writing and speech in daily life. They can be a breeding place for a beginner of English language. The nouns that start with T are an important bunch which can help you improve your English language skills.
When used to describe a person, it can form a bevy of interesting nouns that start with T to describe a person and kick things off with bright and cheery words. Let’s do a quick review of nouns themselves and then explore the world of nouns that start with T.
Nouns That Start with T You Always Use
There is an interesting bunch of nouns that start with T you always use for describing people, situations, places, things or ideas. Let’s roll up our sleeves and examine few of the most common nouns that start with T:
- Definition: a piece of furniture with a flat top and one or more legs, providing a level surface for eating, writing, or working at
- Synonyms: desk, bench, counter
- Example: They were sitting at the dining table.
- Definition: each of a set of hard, bony enamel-coated structures in the jaws of most vertebrates, used for biting and chewing
- Synonyms: fang, denticles, tusk
- Example: Make sure you brush your teeth.
- Definition: formal discussions or negotiations over a period
- Synonyms: negotiation, meeting, discussion
- Example: Israel suspended peace talk with Syria more than a year ago.
- Definition: a hot drink made by infusing the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water
- Synonyms: cream tea, drink, beverage
- Example: There’s some fresh tea in the pot.
- Definition: a person who teaches, especially in a school
- Synonyms: educator, instructor, tutor
- Example: The teacher examined the students on the previous lesson.
- Definition: a piece of paper or card that gives the holder a certain right, especially to enter a place, travel by public transport, or participate in an event
- Synonyms: permit, token, coupon
- Example: She reserved her tickets online.
- Definition: a point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon
- Synonyms: hours, o’clock
- Example: She always pays her bills on time.
- Definition: a fixed receptacle into which a person may urinate or defecate, typically consisting of a large bowl connected to a system for flushing away the waste into a sewer or septic tank
- Synonyms: lavatory, bathroom, latrine
- Example: I need to go to the toilet.
- Definition: a thick, soft, moist substance used on a brush for cleaning one’s teeth
- Synonyms: mouthwash, pepsodent, dentifrice
- Example: Give the tube of toothpaste a squeeze.
- Definition: vehicles moving on a public highway
- Synonyms: vehicles, cars, trucks
- Example: City planners are looking for ways to ease traffic.
Nouns That Start with T You Usually Use
Join the flock of English learners who love to boost their English skills through learning new words. To achieve the purpose, you should be in possession of a well-stocked vocabulary of nouns starting with T you usually use in your daily life. Some are as under:
- Definition: a tall plant that has a wooden trunk and branches that grow from its upper part
- Synonyms: shrub, bush, timber
- Example: I hid behind a tree.
- Definition:a system or means of conveying people or goods from place to place
- Synonyms: conveyance, transportation, car
- Example: For most people, the car is still their main means of transport.
- Definition: a long, hollow cylinder of metal, plastic, glass, etc. for holding or transporting something, chiefly liquids or gases
- Synonyms: cylinder, duct, pipe
- Example: They inserted a tube in his mouth to help him breathe.
- Definition: teaching or instruction, especially of individual pupils or small groups
- Synonyms: coaching, education, schooling
- Example: I had to have extra tuition in maths.
- Definition:a motor vehicle licensed to transport passengers in return for payment of a fare and typically fitted with a taximeter
- Synonyms: cab, taxicab, tourist car
- Example: Do you know where I can get a taxi?
- Definition: natural aptitude or skill
- Synonyms: aptitude, expertise, ability
- Example: Christopher is a man of exceptional talent.
- Definition: a group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport
- Synonyms: group, squad, cadre
- Example: Our baseball team chalked up another victory.
- Definition: the measured amount of heat in a place or in the body
- Synonyms: climate, heat, warmth
- Example: In hot weather the temperature gets very high.
- Definition: a procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, especially before it is taken into widespread use
- Synonyms: check, trial, experiment
- Example: The initial test showed an abnormality.
- Definition: an object that one need not, cannot, or does not wish to give a specific name to
- Synonyms: object, item, article
- Example: All good things come to he who waits.
Nouns That Start with T You Often Use
Enjoy the below list of the nouns that start with T you often use in your daily life and see if they spark any new ideas for your speech or new writing project.
- Definition: a strip of material worn round the collar and tied in a knot at the front with the ends hanging down, typically forming part of a man’s smart or formal outfit
- Synonyms: neckwear, necktie
- Example: Most of the guests will be wearing black tie.
- Definition: a chart showing the departure and arrival times of trains, buses, or aircraft
- Synonyms: schedule, plan, program
- Example: Look up the trains to Beijing in the timetable.
- Definition: the highest or uppermost point, part, or surface of something
- Synonyms: peak, apex, head
- Example: She caught up with Dulce at the top of the stairs.
- Definition: soft paper that is used for cleaning, especially your nose, and is thrown away after use
- Synonyms: tissue-paper, toilet-paper, paper-towel
- Example: She sniffed and wiped her eyes with a well-used tissue.
- Definition: a voucher that can be exchanged for goods or services, typically one given as a gift or forming part of a promotional offer
- Synonyms: coupon, voucher, chit
- Example: Here we have another token.
- Definition: the action of buying and selling goods and services
- Synonyms: commerce, business, dealings
- Example: A useful trade is a mine of gold.
- Definition: the process of translating words or text from one language into another
- Synonyms: relocation, transfer, movement
- Example: The book loses something in translation.
- Definition: a journey or excursion, especially for pleasure
- Synonyms: tour, visit, outing
- Example: We went on a day trip to the seaside.
- Definition: small pieces trimmed off something
- Synonyms: clipping, cutting, shaving
- Example: Pete was trimming the lawn around the roses.
- Definition: a place where a road branches off from another
- Synonyms: turn, side road, exit
- Example: It is a long lane that has no turning.
Nouns That Start with T You Sometimes Use
Ready for nouns beginning with T you sometimes use in your daily life? Together, we’ll stroll through the interesting bunch that you may even pick up for your next speech or writing project.
- Definition: one of two children or animals born at the same birth
- Synonyms: identical twins, fraternal twins, siamese twins
- Example: He has a twin brother, but they don’t look very much alike.
- Definition: a small disc or cylinder of a compressed solid substance, typically a measured amount of a medicine or drug
- Synonyms: pill, capsule, tab
- Example: Take one tablet three times a day.
- Definition: a person whose occupation is making fitted clothes such as suits, trousers, and jackets to fit individual customers
- Synonyms: outfitter, dressmaker, fashion designer
- Example: The tailor has cut my coat very well.
- Definition: a person, object, or place selected as the aim of an attack
- Synonyms: prey, kill, quarry
- Example: He missed the target by two inches.
- Definition: a hole or split in something caused by it having been pulled apart forcefully
- Synonyms: hole, rip, split
- Example: There’s a tear in the arm of my jacket.
- Definition: a person aged between 13 and 19 years
- Synonyms: youth, adolescent, juvenile
- Example: That teenager singer is really dynamite!
- Definition: the body of terms used with a particular technical application in a subject of study, profession, etc
- Synonyms: terms, expressions, language
- Example: He particularly criticized the terminology in the document.
- Definition: a building or outdoor area in which plays and other dramatic performances are given
- Synonyms: playhouse, auditorium, amphitheater
- Example: Shall we go to the theatre on Friday?
- Definition: a feeling of needing or wanting to drink something
- Synonyms: dryness, dehydration, drought
- Example: Many of the refugees were suffering badly from thirst.
- Definition: a very large solitary cat with a yellow-brown coat striped with black, native to the forests of Asia but becoming increasingly rare
- Synonyms: tiger-cat, leopard, jaguar
- Example: The tiger leapt at the hunter.
Nouns That Start with T You Occasionally Use
See what jumps out at you in the list of nouns that start with T you use occasionally in your daily life. We have jot down few of them for you here.
- Definition: a device that automatically regulates temperature, or that activates a device when the temperature reaches a certain point
- Synonyms: regulator, sensor, controller
- Example: A thermostat controls the temperature in the building.
- Definition: capacity to endure pain or hardship
- Synonyms: stamina, fortitude, endurance
- Example: The plants have a high tolerance for heat.
- Definition: a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function
- Synonyms: instrument, device, utensil
- Example: Always select the right tool for the job.
- Definition: the act of causing great physical or mental pain in order to persuade someone to do something
- Synonyms: abuse, maltreatment, ill-treatment
- Example: His confessions were made under torture.
- Definition: the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way
- Synonyms: heritage, lore, oral history
- Example: This region has a great sporting tradition.
- Definition: an instance of buying or selling something
- Synonyms: deal, business, agreement
- Example: We need to monitor the transaction of smaller deals.
- Definition: a group of people, often of related families, who live together, sharing the same language, culture, and history, especially those who do not live in towns or cities
- Synonyms: ethnic group, race, dynasty
- Example: The valley is inhabited by the Dani tribe.
- Definition: an artificial underground passage, especially one built through a hill or under a building, road, or river
- Synonyms: underpass, hole, subway
- Example: He emerged from the tunnel into blinding sunlight.
- Definition: a sparkle or gleam in a person’s eyes
- Synonyms: glitter, sparkle, gleam
- Example: She has an amused twinkle in her eyes.
- Definition: an act of teasing someone
- Synonyms: taunt, mock
- Example: Do you think I’m a tease?
Nouns That Start with T You Seldom Use
There is a weird list of some peculiar nouns that start with the letter T you seldom use in day-to-day conversation or writing. Let’s stroll down through some of them here:
- Definition: the equipment required for a task or sport
- Synonyms: gear, equipment, apparatus
- Example: Fishing tackle is available for hire.
- Definition: (of an aircraft or bird) become airborne
- Synonyms: take wing, lift off, blast off
- Example: They are running up the engine to see if the plane is ready to takeoff.
- Definition: a narrow strip of material, typically used to hold or fasten something
- Synonyms: band, strap, ribbon
- Example: I used tape to tie up the box.
- Definition: the combined action of a group, especially when effective and efficient
- Synonyms: collaboration, synergy, joint action
- Example: Teamwork is required in order to achieve these aims.
- Definition: skill or ability in a particular field
- Synonyms: expertise, profeciency, mastery
- Example: I used a special technique to make the bread.
- Definition: a person’s or animal’s nature, especially as it permanently affects their behaviour
- Synonyms: nature, personality, complexion
- Example: The twins look alike, but they differ in temperament.
- Definition: the action of terminating something or the fact of being terminated
- Synonyms: ending, closing, finish
- Example: This affair was brought to a happy termination.
- Definition: a person who steals another person’s property, especially by stealth and without using force or threat of violence
- Synonyms: robber, burglar, stealer
- Example: The thief received a just punishment.
- Definition: a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done
- Synonyms: warning, ultimatum, menaces
- Example: They pose a serious threat to security.
- Definition: a substance smoked in cigarettes, pipes, etc. that is prepared from the dried leaves of a particular plant
- Synonyms: cigarette, smoking, leaf
- Example: This shop is licensed to sell tobacco.
Nouns That Start with T You Rarely Use
Below, we’ve gathered some of nouns that start with T (T-nouns) you rarely use in your daily life. Read on to see how many you already know and how many you can add to your growing vocabulary.
- Definition: a social or religious custom prohibiting or restricting a particular practice or forbidding association with a particular person, place, or thing
- Synonyms: prohibition, proscription, interdiction
- Example: Sex is considered taboo as a topic for discussion.
- Definition: a situation in which a company gets control of another company by buying enough of its shares
- Synonyms: purchase, grab, confiscation
- Example: They sought a controlling interest rather than a takeover.
- Definition:a current score or amount
- Synonyms: total, score, count
- Example: Keep a tally of how much you spend.
- Definition: the ability to know what is in someone else’s mind, or to communicate with someone mentally, without using words or other physical signals
- Synonyms: thought transference, extrasensory perception, ESP
- Example: He can communicate with her by telepathy.
- Definition: possession of land or property as a tenant
- Synonyms: occupation, habitation, lease
- Example: He was granted tenancy of the farm.
- Definition: the desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise
- Synonyms: desire, urge, inclination
- Example: There might be a temptation to cheat if students sit too close together.
- Definition: a stretch of land, especially with regard to its physical features
- Synonyms: land, ground, territory
- Example: It took us the whole day to trek across the rocky terrain.
- Definition: a person skilled in a particular kind of therapy
- Synonyms: psychologist, analyst, counselor
- Example: What’s the best way to find a therapist?
- Definition: a sudden or violent lunge with a pointed weapon or a bodily part
- Synonyms: jolt, push, ram
- Example: The realization that she has gone was like a knife thrust.
- Definition: lack of courage or confidence
- Synonyms: shyness, fearfulness, cowardice
- Example: Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity.
Positive Nouns That Start with T
Most of us tend to gravitate toward the tender and tranquil person in the room. Imagine a world where we all focused on positivity and light. What we’d find is that the more we inject our lives with positivity, the more it’ll bolster our personal and professional interactions. Let’s glance over a list of positive nouns that start with T.
- Definition: a marked change in form, nature, or appearance
- Synonyms: change, alteration, modification
- Example: There was a noticeable transformation in his appearance.
- Definition: medical care given to a patient for an illness or injury
- Synonyms: surgery, therapy, cure
- Example: She is receiving treatment for cancer.
- Definition: firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something
- Synonyms: confidence, belief, faith
- Example: They have little trust in people.
- Definition: the state of being close to another person or other people
- Synonyms: oneness, solidarity, unity
- Example: Our family has a strong sense of togetherness.
- Definition: a thing that is perceptible by touch
- Synonyms: palpable, actual, touchable
- Example: These are the only tangibles upon which an assessment can be made.
- Definition: a great victory or achievement
- Synonyms: victory, win, conquest
- Example: Winning the championship is a great personal triumph.
- Definition: the state or quality of being arranged neatly and in order
- Synonyms: cleanliness, orderliness, smartness
- Example: I’m very impressed by your tidiness and order.
- Definition: the quality of using money and other resources carefully and not wastefully
- Synonyms: providence, prudence, economy
- Example: They were rightly praised for their thrift and enterprise.
- Definition: a formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law
- Synonyms: evidence, affidavit, statement
- Example: His testimony was an important element of the prosecution case.
- Definition: a quantity of precious metals, gems, or other valuable objects
- Synonyms: riches, jewels, valuable
- Example: By gambling we lose both time and treasure, two things most precious to the life of man.
Nouns That Start with T – Full List (559 words)
Final Thoughts on Nouns That Start with T
Our world is filled with books of wonder. And, in them are vast arrays of nouns starting with T. Whether you dress them up with adjectives, capitalize them in a proper sense, or get abstract on thoughts of love and time, it’s good to have a full arsenal of nouns beginning with T and their synonyms.
The more you read, the more your vocabulary will grow and you will pave the path from beginner to advanced English learner. As you read, scan the list of nouns that start with T to learn more and use unique words in all of your writing and speech.