Just like every other alphabet, there are many positive words that start with J. There are enough positive words beginning with J that we can make a huge list of it. In this article, we have a list of positive words that starts with J even though it might not be even half of the total amount. Isn’t it quite fascinating?
Not only learning these words is helpful for your vocabulary, but it also can help you speak English fluently. And who doesn’t want to impress others with their language skills? Did you know that the letter j first began as a typographical embellishment for the letter I? But thank goodness that it got its place as an alphabet as now we can get plenty of inspirational words that start with J.
In this article, we made a list of positive words that start with J along with their meaning and example so that it is easier to understand. So keep on reading, and you definitely find many new words.
Positive Words That Start with J – Full List (120 words)
Here is the full positive words list that start with J, you can find 120 positive words that start with J.
Positive Words That Start with J to Describe a Person
Sometimes it might be hard to describe a person as you cannot find the right words. These words starting with J will not only help you describe a person positively but also increase your vocabulary.
- Definition: expressing cheer and self-assurance
- Synonyms: cheerful, lively
- Example: The jaunty music made everyone feel cheerful.
- Definition: something that is full of fun
- Synonyms: funny, witty, comical
- Example: Cheer up your mother by telling her a jocular story.
- Definition: to be happy and cheerful
- Synonyms: cheerful, happy, cheery
- Example: He was a jolly man who was full of jokes.
- Definition: to be cheerful and friendly
- Synonyms: cheerful, jolly, happy
- Example: She was in a jovial mood.
- Definition: to show great elation or rejoicing
- Synonyms: elated, euphoric, exuberant
- Example: She was in a jubilant mood after the victory.
- Definition: to show sound or good judgment
- Synonyms: cautious, prudent, careful
- Example: She always made judicious decisions.
- Definition: to behave according to what is right
- Synonyms: fair-minded, equitable
- Example: I guess she just wanted to say goodbye.
- Definition: to have done for a good reason
- Synonyms: rationalize, defend, uphold
- Example: She was quite justified in complaining.
- Definition: to be playful or joking
- Synonyms: jest, joke, humorous
- Example: His jocose manner was suitable for such an occasion.
Positive Words That Start with J to Encourage Yourself
It is important to encourage yourself in order to go through hard times. Reading these good words that start with j will definitely help to cheer you up after a tough day.
- Definition: to be lucky
- Synonyms: charmed, lucky, fortunate
- Example: He had jammy luck that never let him down.
- Definition: a joke
- Synonyms: taunt, jibe, joke, jeer
- Example: Tony was not amused at the embarrassing jest made about him.
- Definition: a type of music with forceful rhythm
- Synonyms: ragtime, boogie, jive
- Example: He was able to overcome his situation by listening to jazz music.
- Definition: something of value
- Synonyms: gem, precious stone, gemstone
- Example: She was a jewel of a lady who encouraged me to be the person I am.
- Definition: a feeling of delight or cheer
- Synonyms: delight, pleasure, happiness
- Example: He kept moving forward because of the joy his mom felt seeing him succeed.
- Definition: something that causes laughter
- Synonyms: jest, quip, pun
- Example: He felt relaxed due to the jokes that his friends told.
- Definition: to have a just behavior
- Synonyms: fairness, equity, impartiality
- Example: He knew that no matter what, justice will be served.
- Definition: to be in a state of being extremely happy
- Synonyms: joyous, delighted, glad
- Example: Her natural joyfulness of character made me have a positive mindset.
- Definition: to be excited
- Synonyms: excitement, enthusiastic
- Example: It’s great to be in a place where people are jazzed about succeeding.
- Definition: to make a joke in a happy way
- Synonyms: waggish, jocular, facetious
- Example: He jocularly delivered some remarks which touched many people’s hearts.
Positive Words That Start with J to Compliment Others
There are many nice words that start with J that you can use to not only compliment others but also yourself. Make sure to use the following words to compliment everyone around you.
- Definition: to be excellent
- Synonyms: fine, outstanding, excellent
- Example: She was a jim-dandy woman, but she was different.
- Definition: to be cheery
- Synonyms: cheerful, happy, jolly
- Example: Their hearts were jocund by her extravagant speech.
- Definition: to be tall and shapely
- Synonyms: curvy, shapely
- Example: She was such a Junoesque woman.
- Definition: to be youthful
- Synonyms: young, youthful
- Example: She looked as she drank a juvenescent elixir.
- Definition: to be given to jesting
- Synonyms: joking, playful, sally
- Example: It is a time for jestful greetings and serious talk about the diocese’s future.
- Definition: to say something for amusement
- Synonyms: sportive; playful; light-hearted
- Example: He was able to make a jesting commentary on world affairs.
- Definition: to be playful
- Synonyms: playful, frisky
- Example: He was making the kids laugh by throwing the balls in a jiggish manner.
- Definition: to be joyful
- Synonyms: jolly, merry, pleasant
- Example: I love all the warmhearted jollity of the festivals she hosts.
- Definition: to be humorous
- Synonyms: humorous, comical, laughable
- Example: A brief exchange of jokey comments from her made him burst into laughter.
- Definition: to cause gladness
- Synonyms: joyous, joyful
- Example: She had a joysome cause for her to move forward.
Positive Words That Start with J to Help Through Difficulties
When we are going through hard times, reading encouraging words can actually help to boost our confidence. The following are some encouraging words that start with J that will definitely encourage you.
- Definition: to have a feeling of great happiness
- Synonyms: delight, joyfulness, jubilation
- Example: He was flooded with joy when he read the poem.
- Definition: to jump or vibrate
- Synonyms: excitable, fidgety, edgy
- Example: Even though the stress made her jittery, she pushed through the tough times.
- Definition: a short vacation or pleasure trip
- Synonyms: trip, outing
- Example: It was the jaunt with his family that made him forget all his difficulties.
- Definition: an act to express your deepest thoughts
- Synonyms: scripting, writing
- Example: The only escape for her from the problems was journaling.
- Definition: to be full of joy
- Synonyms: joyful, cheerful, happy
- Example: The scenes of joyous celebration made her happy despite the problems.
- Definition: extra huge
- Synonyms: enormous, vast
- Example: Bake a round cake and two jumbo cupcakes.
- Definition: a paid position of regular employment
- Synonyms: appointment, position
- Example: He got a job at last.
- Definition: an expression used to show surprise
- Synonyms: surprised, shocked
- Example: The mother said, “Jeez”, after the touching performance from him.
- Definition: all right
- Synonyms: satisfactory, fine
- Example: Everything will be jake again once you overcome your fear.
- Definition: to be tired
- Synonyms: nervous, edgy, tense
- Example: Don’t get jumpy in any difficult situation.
Positive Words That Start with J to Uplift Our Mind
It is very important to uplift our minds after a busy and stressful day. These motivational words that start with J got your back to escape from such a day.
- Definition: to cause great surprise
- Synonyms: surprising, shocking
- Example: The jaw-dropping performance from the singer uplifted the mood of many people.
- Definition: one given to jest
- Synonyms: comedian, jokestar
- Example: He would dance with the jester for a while longer.
- Definition: to do something in a jolly manner
- Synonyms: joyful, cheerful, exciting
- Example: After receiving the happy news, she passed jollily along the street.
- Definition: to bounce
- Synonyms: jolt, bounce
- Example: Unexpectedly, the bus jounces as it hits a pothole.
- Definition: to express great pleasure
- Synonyms: cheerful, happy, jolly
- Example: The joyful music made everyone burst into happiness.
- Definition: a ride taken for pleasure
- Synonyms: transit, transport, passage
- Example: I took my mom’s car for a joyride so I could relax.
- Definition: an anniversary of an event
- Synonyms: anniversary, commemoration, celebration
- Example: A celebration was held in the club for their silver jubilee.
- Definition: to have a feeling of great happiness
- Synonyms: exaltation, triumph, joy
- Example: The unbelievable scenes of the movie were the reason for your jubilation.
- Definition: a practical joke
- Synonyms: joke, pun, jest
- Example: He said a childish jape of depositing a stink bomb in her locker.
- Definition: to move with rapid jerky motion
- Synonyms: skip, hop, prance
- Example: He jigged in the cockpit because of the excellent news.
List of Positive Words That Start with J to Keep Us Stay Positive
Staying positive can be really hard in today’s where everyone is so self-centered. But these positive words that start with J will definitely give you the serotonin boost that you need.
- Definition: a state of joyful exuberance
- Synonyms: cheer, glee
- Example: People look for jocundity, I just wanna know where it has gone.
- Definition: to be humorous
- Synonyms: humorous, flippant
- Example: He talks in a joking manner that cheers everyone up.
- Definition: in a very short time
- Synonyms: shortly, directly, soon
- Example: I will be back in a jiffy.
- Definition: something that is morally right
- Synonyms: justifiably legitimately, rightly
- Example: He deals justly with all the complaints from the employees.
- Definition: to be able to be shown to be right
- Synonyms: valid, legitimate, warranted
- Example: It is justifiable for her to be punished.
- Definition: to do something in a friendly way
- Synonyms: jocularly, joyfully
- Example: He jovially told his fan to love their performance.
- Definition: the quality of being able to make jokes
- Synonyms: jocular, jovial
- Example: He is known for jocularity in her dealings with the seniors.
- Definition: to be very active
- Synonyms: lively, flashy, fancy, showy
- Example: The jazzy quality of her voice helped her to succeed.
- Definition: the action of showing something is right
- Synonyms: premise, rational, just cause
- Example: His therapist showed the parents the justification behind his action.
- Definition: a daily record of news and events of a personal nature
- Synonyms: diary, lig, logbook
- Example: The journal I wrote while staying abroad helped me have a positive mindset the whole time.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start With J
There are many commonly used positive words that start with J that you might not be aware of. So keep reading, and you will surely come across some new words.
- Definition: richly interesting
- Synonyms: interesting, fascinating
- Example: The juiciness of the mystery novel made me addicted to it.
- Definition: to deal with close together for contrasting effect
- Synonyms: mix, compare, contrast
- Example: She thought it would be interesting to juxtapose black and white images and colored images.
- Definition: talk or gossip, especially when lengthy or tedious
- Synonyms: chat, talk, conversation
- Example: Her work is just endless jaw as she is a reporter.
- Definition: something temptingly appealing
- Synonyms: interesting, fascinating, sensational
- Example: The juicy news of her new art spread much faster than any other news.
- Definition: made by two or more people
- Synonyms: join, shared
- Example: The joint effort made by them helped the women suffering from domestic violence.
- Definition: moving quickly
- Synonyms: leap, spring, bounce
- Example: She jumped to her feet as she heard the good news.
- Definition: a professional jester
- Synonyms: joker, comedian, juggler
- Example: He was able to make everyone entertained as he was a joculator.
- Definition: the state of being jocose
- Synonyms: joking, jesting
- Example: He made fun of nepotism by jocosity and ironic style of writing.
- Definition: to do something in a way that is humorous
- Synonyms: humorous, jocose, joking
- Example: She jocosely read the entire novel.
Positive Words That Start with J for Attractive Resumes
An attractive resume is key for getting your dream job. So how should you impress them with your resume? Well duh, use these positive words that start with J while writing your resume.
- Definition: having a joint or joints
- Synonyms: knotty, articulated
- Example: She bought her baby a jointed doll.
- Definition: to start something
- Synonyms: rise, bound, skip
- Example: I hope to have a jumpstart in the industry after being selected by the agency.
- Definition: to connect
- Synonyms: link, unite, fix
- Example: I would love to join your company.
- Definition: do something with another person
- Synonyms: together, cooperatively, mutually
- Example:I will jointly work with the team members to run the company.
- Definition: the state of being young
- Synonyms: boyhood, prime, youthfulness
- Example: I believe that the strongest individuals are those who have been claimed to be juvenescence.
- Definition: to be appropriate to a law court
- Synonyms: legal, judiciary
- Example: I hope to receive a response from you after judicial review.
- Definition: to prove to be right
- Synonyms: explain, rationalize, uphold
- Example: I will make sure to justify your decision if I am appointed fully.
- Definition: the profession of writing for newspapers
- Synonyms: press, reporting, writing
- Example: I have received the world of excellence for journalism.
- Definition: to be in accord
- Synonyms: taunt, sneer, jeer
- Example: I am confident I will not do anything to jibe with the image of your company.
- Definition: to travel somewhere
- Synonyms: travel, go, voyage
- Example: In this amazing journey of succeeding in my career, I hope to build up my professionalism through working here.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start With J
Congratulations on reading this article till the very end! I am sure after you finished reading this article you already feel smarter, don’t you? Didn’t you find many new positive words starting with J that you had no idea existed? Don’t forget to use these words on a daily basis to impress others with your vocabulary.
Hopefully, this article has been helpful to you for increasing your vocabulary. Even if you expand your vocabulary by one new word in this list, you will surely have many new words. Learning all these positive words that start with the letter J will definitely help you master the English Language.