The positive words that start with G will be listed in the article below. Everyone loves hearing and using positive words as they can improve one’s mood. The article also contains inspirational words that start with G as they are just as important as positive words.
The positive words beginning with G can be very useful in daily life as well. The fun fact about the letter G is that both G and C were represented by the Phoenician symbol for gimel, do you know what gimel means? It means camel! Thanks to the Romans, we now have the letters C and G instead of just one. Have you ever wondered why the letter G is silent in “sign” but pronounced in “signal”? I have no idea why either.
Keep on reading this list of positive words that start with G for an improved vocabulary that will make you feel smarter and wiser.
Positive Words That Start with G – Full List (275 words)
Positive Words That Start with G to Describe a Person
This section has words starting with G to describe a person positively. The words will be very useful in all aspects of life, especially in writings.
- Definition: someone who is honest and sincere
- Synonyms: actual, proper
- Example: Flora is a sweet, genuine girl and is liked by everyone.
- Definition: someone who is willing to give money, help, etc. and is kind to everyone
- Synonyms: open-handed, donor, charitable
- Example: Every society needs a generous person like him.
- Definition: someone who is kind, calm, and soft
- Synonyms: tender, soft-hearted
- Example: She is an incredibly gentle girl.
- Definition: (of a man) who is polite and kind towards women, especially in public
- Synonyms: chivalrous, polite, well mannered
- Example: The other day, Paul helped my mom to cross the road; he is such a gallant boy.
- Definition: someone who is pleasant or friendly toward other people
- Synonyms: congenial, warm
- Example: He is a good-natured person in our society and tends to help everyone.
- Definition: someone who shows elegance and behaves in a polite way
- Synonyms: well mannered, civilized
- Example: Mr. Watson is a very graceful person, and hence he doesn’t hesitate to help people and is kind to everyone.
- Definition: someone who has a special ability in a particular subject or activity
- Synonyms: intelligent, bright, sharp
- Example: Laura is such a gifted singer.
- Definition: someone who is friendly or in a good mood
- Synonyms: amiable, cordial
- Example: Flora is a good-humored girl, and it feels amazing to talk with her.
- Definition: something, or someone having interesting, satisfactory, or pleasant qualities, or activities
- Synonyms: pleasant, enjoyable
- Example: Lauren is a good man.
- Definition: someone who is friendly and cheerful
- Synonyms: affable, amiable, congenial
- Example: She is always genial to everyone.
Positive Words That Start with G to Encourage Yourself
If you want good words that start with G then look no further! These will be helpful when you feel down and want to encourage yourself instead of relying on anyone else.
- Definition: someone who is special, successful, or shining like a gold
- Synonyms: bright, shining, gleaming
- Example: I shall never miss the golden opportunities of my life, no matter how many obstacles I face.
- Definition: someone who is pleased and happy
- Synonyms: cheerful, thrilled, overjoyed
- Example: I become glad when I successfully accomplish my goals.
- Definition: someone whose ability, the amount is above average and very good
- Synonyms: admirable, amazing, divine
- Example: I am doing great, and I am proud of myself for that.
- Definition: to have an aim or purpose
- Synonyms: ambition, aspiration, intention
- Example: I have some important goals in my life, and it makes my life meaningful.
- Definition: someone who is pleased or satisfied
- Synonyms: jovial, delighted
- Example: I am gratified at the way I am progressing in my life.
- Definition: arrange in or allocate to grades, classify, or sort.
- Synonyms: group, categorize
- Example: I try to work harder based on my grading which helps to gain success in my academic life.
- Definition: having or showing courage, determination, or spirit.
- Synonyms: bold, plucky
- Example: I am a gutsy woman, and I never give up no matter how hard the situation is.
- Definition: advice or information aimed at resolving a problem, or difficulty, especially as given by someone in authority
- Synonyms: advice, direction
- Example: Whenever I feel lost in my life, some guidance from my loved ones encourages me to keep going.
- Definition: someone who looks attractive because of being happy or healthy
- Synonyms: shine, brighten
- Example: My face is glowing with excitement after planting the beautiful trees in my garden.
- Definition: someone who has exceptional intellectual, or creative power, or other ability
- Synonyms: wisdom, talent, brilliance
- Example: I am genius enough to solve my own problems.
Positive Words That Start with G to Compliment Others
If you want to feel good yourself you need to use nice words that start with G for others as well. Complimenting others will encourage you as well!
- Definition: someone who is beautiful or very attractive
- Synonyms: beautiful, stunning, pretty
- Example: Laura looked gorgeous in that white gown.
- Definition: someone who is very beautiful, or deserves praise, or admiration
- Synonyms: excellent, outstanding, great
- Example: Luna is an exceptionally glorious lady in our society.
- Definition: having too many bright colors
- Synonyms: glittering, glaring
- Example: He always wears a gaudy Hawaiian shirt at the beach.
- Definition: someone who is attractive in an exciting and special way
- Synonyms: adorable, delicate, lovely
- Example: She is such a glamorous lady that everyone would fall for her beauty.
- Definition: someone who is exuberantly happy or excited
- Synonyms: mirthful, cheerful, overjoyed
- Example: She is an amiable girl and always gives a gleeful smile to everyone.
- Definition: someone who is courteous, kind, and pleasant, especially towards someone of lower social status.
- Synonyms: well mannered, civilized, kind-hearted
- Example: No one is as gracious as Aura in our society.
- Definition: the quality of being beautiful or special
- Synonyms: beauty, grace
- Example: Her paintings capture the beauty and grandeur of the landscape.
- Definition: someone who is fine, good, and desirable
- Synonyms: amazing, awesome
- Example: Everyone called her a gradely lass.
- Definition: possessing something which is extremely large in size, or amount
- Synonyms: huge, enormous, vast
- Example: He is well-known in our society for his gigantic social works.
- Definition: a person who is physically attractive
- Synonyms: attractive, gorgeous
- Example: Minho was not only good-looking but also honest in his words and activities.
Positive Words That Start with G to Help Through Difficulties
The encouraging words that start with G are plenty and in this section, we have summarized some of them. Keep on reading to improve your vocabulary.
- Definition: becoming greater over a period of time
- Synonyms: increasing, developing
- Example: She added yet another item to the growingqueue.
- Definition: a person or group of people whose job is to protect a person, place, or thing from danger or attack
- Synonyms: protector, defender, custodian
- Example: We should try to guard our lives ourselves first.
- Definition: the most important pieces of information, or main subject of something, or general information without details
- Synonyms: basis, core, point
- Example: When you are in trouble, you need to know the gist of that for finding a solution.
- Definition: an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun
- Synonyms: pastime, entertainment, recreation
- Example: It’s better to learn games which can be helpful during difficulties.
- Definition: someone who is well balanced and sensible
- Synonyms: disciplined, fit
- Example: Being a grounded person, Ayman knows how to solve his own issues.
- Definition: a person showing courage and resolve
- Synonyms: brave, bold, determined
- Example: Everyone admires her gritty determination to succeed.
- Definition: to show a large amount of energy, activity, speed, or success
- Synonyms: awesome, brave, fantastic
- Example: We went like gangbusters to get the project done on time.
- Definition: someone or something that is very good, pleasing, or useful
- Synonyms: masterpiece, finest, best
- Example: When you consider yourself a gem, everything seems easier.
- Definition: someone having a glint or is sparkling
- Synonyms: gleaming, shiny
- Example: When she is determined to do something, her eyes look glinty.
- Definition: someone who is devoutly religious
- Synonyms: pious, faithful
- Example: When he faces any trouble in his life, he calls out god as he is a godly person.
Positive Words That Start with G to Uplift Our Mind
We all need positivity sometimes to uplift our minds. Therefore, the following motivational words that start with G will be appreciated.
- Definition: bright and shiny from being cleaned
- Synonyms: shining, glittering
- Example: His gleaming eyes make me happy.
- Definition: something which is fashionable and exciting.
- Synonyms: fabulous, fantastic, great
- Example: The standard of the show did not drop as he took the stage next and had fans clapping to his groovy voice and strong lyrics.
- Definition: something which is in great amounts or numbers
- Synonyms: plentiful, abundant
- Example: From Christmas gatherings with family to New Year’s Eve galas galore, and reunions with people from the past, there is simply no dearth of events to go all out for.
- Definition: something which is very new and a big change from other things of its type
- Synonyms: innovative, newfound
- Example: Harry was honored for her groundbreaking work in nuclear physics.
- Definition: the ability to decide what is the best thing to do in a particular situation and to do it with full energy and determination
- Synonyms: aptness, acumen, sharply
- Example: It took me a lot of gumption to speak up for myself like that.
- Definition: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
- Synonyms: grand, golden
- Example: The gilded dome of the cathedral rises above the city.
- Definition: someone who feels happy and excited and shows this in behavior
- Synonyms: frivolous, changeable
- Example: Mike was giddy with excitement when he got the first prize in sports.
- Definition: something which is very large or wonderful or intended to seem important
- Synonyms: magnificent, glorious, majestic
- Example: Lucy always makes grandiose plans which often become successful.
- Definition: someone who is brave and generous
- Synonyms: brave, courageous
- Example: Emma is a greathearted lady who always helps others and never hesitates to sacrifice her life for anyone.
List of Positive Words That Start with G to Keep Us Stay Positive
This wonderful section has positive words that start with G to make you feel positive and glad to be alive. Use them every day and feel the positivity.
- Definition: someone who likes to be with other people
- Synonyms: cordial, affable
- Example: Lavender is a gregarious girl who can share all her problems with others, and also gets the solution to them.
- Definition: a person feeling or showing an appreciation for something done or received
- Synonyms: obliged, thankful, appreciative
- Example: Lisa has an amazing quality to be grateful for everything because it makes her life easier and more beautiful.
- Definition: to have a collection of several things, often from different places or people
- Synonyms: congregate, assemble
- Example: Laura likes to gather information about nuclear physics, and for that reason, she often visits many libraries, which keeps her busy and free from any tension or worries.
- Definition: to offer something to someone or to provide something.
- Synonyms: lend, contribute
- Example: It’s important to give yourself some time so that you can improve yourself.
- Definition: the quality of being thankful or shows appreciation to someone or something for what has been done.
- Synonyms: acknowledgment, respect
- Example: Lucius sent his neighbors a present to express his gratitude.
- Definition: to laugh lightly and repeatedly in a silly way
- Synonyms: titter, snigger
- Example: Children love silly, sweet poems that let them giggle and grin.
- Definition: something which is extremely bright or is too brightly colored
- Synonyms: vivid, brightly, colorfully
- Example: The streets are lined with garish neon lights, which are to my liking.
- Definition: the state of being cheerful, happy, or excited
- Synonyms: merriment, joy, delight
- Example: Chelsa’s gaiety and wit endear her to everyone whom she meets.
- Definition: something that is extreme or exciting
- Synonyms: great, marvelous, superb
- Example: While a gnarly financial situation may sometimes require help, there is a good chance you can sort things out just fine on your own.
- Definition: something which is delightful
- Synonyms: splendid, magnificent
- Example: Oliver always bakes goluptious cakes, which are both beautiful to look at and very tasty.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with G
Who doesn’t want some more positive words that start with G to uplift them? You might already know some of them but remembering them is harder.
- Definition: relating to the whole world
- Synonyms: universal, worldwide, international
- Example: Now that we are a part of a global village, we are like neighbors.
- Definition: writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place.
- Synonyms: doodles, scribbling
- Example: Graffiti was scribbled all over the walls.
- Definition: a style or category of art, music, or literature.
- Synonyms: category, list, group
- Example: Shelly is a fan of the romantic genre.
- Definition: the successful completion of a course of study at a university, college, or school, for which one receives a degree or diploma
- Synonyms: convocation, commencement exercise
- Example: Maria decided to join the diplomatic service after graduation.
- Definition: something which is covered with trees, plants, or grass
- Synonyms: hedge, planting
- Example: The green nature and trees always soothes my mind and helps to focus on my goals and activities.
- Definition: something which is very clear and powerful
- Synonyms: explicit, lucid
- Example: The book gave a graphic description of the war.
- Definition: something which is typical of females, or suitable of females
- Synonyms: girlish, girlhood
- Example: Tom is not afraid to be girly, soft, and foppish and celebrate the inner life.
- Definition: a piece of land, usually in a yard next to a house, where one can grow flowers and vegetables
- Synonyms: lawn, park, yard
- Example: Looking at my lovely garden refreshes my mind, makes me breezy, and gives me the energy to do all of my activities with full spirit and enthusiasm.
- Definition: something which is important, impressive or large in degree
- Synonyms: chief, prominent
- Example: Laura’s wedding was a very grand occasion.
- Definition: to start to develop something
- Synonyms: become, grow, begin
- Example: The idea of setting up her own company starts to germinate in her mind.
Positive Words That Start with G for Attractive Resumes
If you want to get your dream job then you need to use these positive words that start with G to have an impressive resume.
- Definition: to allow or consent to the fulfillment of (something requested)
- Synonyms: admit, allot
- Example: They had got a special grant to conduct research.
- Definition: a polite word or sign of welcome or recognition
- Synonyms: salutation, hailing
- Example: They exchanged greetings and sat down to start the meeting.
- Definition: to get something that is useful and that gives one an advantage in a positive way
- Synonyms: receive, obtain, achieve
- Example: We all hope to gain recognition for our works.
- Definition: the capable of being got
- Synonyms: attainable, obtainable
- Example: The company thought it was not a gettable target, and so they declined it.
- Definition: something which is sure to happen or be true
- Synonyms: assured, pledged, confirmed
- Example: They insisted that a guaranteed supply of Chinese food was written into their contracts.
- Definition: someone who is honest, not able to deceive
- Synonyms: honest, sincere
- Example: They were guileless but not frightened by the pressure or the big print.
- Definition: relating to a governor, particularly that of a state in the US
- Synonyms: administrative, ruling
- Example: The governor may not be elected to the United States Senate during his gubernatorial term.
- Definition: used as part of the title of a job of someone who is in charge of a whole organization or company
- Synonyms: all-purpose, chiefly
- Example: The deceased general was a great soldier.
- Definition: a man who is polite and behaves well towards other people, especially women
- Synonyms: sir, refined man
- Example: Our companies need a gentleman like him if we want to succeed faster.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start With J
These were some of the positive words starting with G to help improve your English vocabulary. Most of them are very easy to remember while also being very creative. You should know some of the synonyms as well to improve your knowledge about the words. Moreover, use these words in your day-to-day life to make them a permanent addition to your vocabulary.
Hopefully, the positive words that start with the letter G were very educational for you and your mind. Remember, learning anything is a form of art, and who doesn’t want to be an artist?