330 Positive Words That Start With I [with Definitions and Examples]
Positive words that start with I are very frequent as it is one of the most common letters in the English vocabulary. This is used a lot in the form of “I” and in various other creative forms. This means only a couple of words will be mentioned here, compared to the enormity of positive words beginning with I.
The use of positive words is a great way to increase your positive thinking and the happiness of everyone around you. These positive words also help you present yourself smartly and get a strong good opinion of yourself.
The article contains a list of positive words that start with I and some inspirational words that start with I. Don’t worry, once you start reading them, most of them will seem very easy!
Positive Words That Start with I – Full List (330 words)
Here is the full list of positive words that start with I, you can find 330 positive words that start with I.
Positive Words That Start with I to Describe a Person
If you want to describe someone, then use these words starting with I to describe a person positively. They are easy and unique and also help you get smarter.
- Definition: someone or something that is a representation of something else
- Synonyms: emblematic, exemplary
- Example: Leonardo da Vinci is known for his iconic paintings and scientific drawings.
- Definition: having no common basis for comparison
- Synonyms: excellent, superior
- Example: His singing voice is incomparable.
- Definition: a person or thing regarded as perfect
- Synonyms: supreme, representative
- Example: He was the ideal of manly beauty.
- Definition: having or showing an interest in learning things
- Synonyms: analytical, curious
- Example: You have such an inquisitive mind, crammed full of unusual facts.
- Definition: having or showing creativeness or resourcefulness
- Synonyms: clever, fanciful
- Example: The imaginative child made up fairy stories.
- Definition: not guilty of a crime or offense
- Synonyms: guiltless, blameless
- Example: The prisoners were later found innocent.
- Definition: well-known, respected, and admired for past achievements
- Synonyms: eminent, acclaimed
- Example: She comes from an illustrious political family that includes two former Cabinet ministers.
- Definition: someone or something that is free from the control of another
- Synonyms: autonomous, self-governing
- Example: She was so confident and independent that she could be a different person.
- Definition: diligent and hard-working
- Synonyms: ambitious, assiduous
- Example: She said she was very industrious and happy.
- Definition: too powerful or convincing to be resisted
- Synonyms: overwhelming, tempting
- Example: The bright colors were irresistible to the baby.
Positive Words That Start with I to Encourage Yourself
If you want positive or good words that start with I then you should definitely read this section of the article. They will encourage you so you can encourage others as well.
- Definition: a thing that makes something better or is better than something else
- Synonyms: refinement, advancement
- Example: I also gave considerable time to the improvement of my speech.
- Definition: something that incites or has a tendency to incite determination or action
- Synonyms: motivation, impulse
- Example: The government has announced a number of tax incentives to attract new businesses to our state.
- Definition: an act of inciting
- Synonyms: excitement, provocation
- Example: Such xenophobic incitation was encouraged by politicians.
- Definition: the habit or principle of being independent and self-reliant
- Synonyms: self-reliance, libertarianism
- Example: The bride’s need for individualism led her to seek out a dress that was exotic.
- Definition: to stimulate, to give strength or energy
- Synonyms: animate, energize
- Example: The shower had invigorated her.
- Definition: fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative
- Synonyms: incline, stimulate
- Example: He feels that it is his duty to discover authors and inspire them.
- Definition: to cause by incitement
- Synonyms: incite, encourage
- Example: The government will instigate new measures to combat terrorism.
- Definition: pleasing or picturesque in natural simplicity
- Synonyms: pleasant, pastoral
- Example: Country life isn’t as idyllic as townies imagine.
- Definition: to light something up
- Synonyms: brighten, emblaze
- Example: Small lights illuminate different points on the map.
- Definition: having great significance or consequence
- Synonyms: eminent, influential
- Example: Nothing is more important than sincerity.
Positive Words That Start with I to Compliment Others
To compliment others, use these nice words that start with I to make an impression. They will convey your message clearly while also making your day.
- Definition: a person who advocates or believes in cooperation and understanding between nations
- Synonyms: advocate, exponent
- Example: He was a true internationalist, setting up factories in 20 countries.
- Definition: filled with or showing great emotion
- Synonyms: wholehearted, sincere
- Example: He looked at her and was struck by the serious impassioned expression on her face.
- Definition: in accordance with the highest standards; faultless
- Synonyms: virtuous, upright
- Example: He had impeccable manners.
- Definition: (of a person or mental process) intelligently analytical and clear-thinking
- Synonym: penetrating, smart
- Example: His arguments were marked by incisive humor and fertility of ideas.
- Definition: a person who takes part in an armed rebellion against the constituted authority (especially in the hope of improving conditions)
- Synonyms: reformer, rebel
- Example: He impressed others as being an insurrectionist.
- Definition: (of a person) clever, original, and inventive
- Synonym: creative, resourceful
- Example: He was ingenious enough to overcome the limited budget.
- Definition: having or showing strong feelings or opinions; extremely earnest or serious
- Synonyms: overwhelming, concentrated
- Example: Mary felt an intense wave of emotion.
- Definition: having or showing intelligence, especially of a high level
- Synonyms: brilliant, sharp
- Example: She is intelligent and hard-working.
- Definition: evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill; grand, imposing, or awesome
- Synonyms: skilled, admirable
- Example: His writing became more impressive.
- Definition: fearless; adventurous (often used for rhetorical or humorous effect)
- Synonyms: bold, courageous
- Example: Intrepid pioneers came to California by wagon train.
Positive Words That Start with I to Help Through Difficulties
When going through difficulties, we all need encouraging words that start with I to help us a little. Use these words for others and yourself as well.
- Definition: having a great influence on someone or something
- Synonyms: powerful, dominant
- Example: Her work is influential in feminist psychology.
- Definition: too powerful to be defeated or overcome
- Synonyms: invulnerable, unconquerable
- Example: They took an invincible lead in the chase for the championship.
- Definition: understand (an action, mood, or way of behaving) as having a particular meaning
- Synonyms: understand, construe
- Example: He would no longer interpret her silence as indifference.
- Definition: act in such a way as to have an effect on each other
- Synonyms: interrelate, interconnect
- Example: All the stages in the process interact.
- Definition: having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive
- Synonyms: perceptive, wise
- Example: He gave an insightful presentation on how games can benefit the business.
- Definition: the quality or character of a particular person or thing that distinguishes them from others of the same kind, especially when strongly marked
- Synonyms: uniqueness, identity
- Example: Self-expression and individuality are the greatest weapons against tyranny.
- Definition: cut (a mark or decoration) into a surface
- Synonyms: engrave, cut
- Example: Incise those people from your life who are harmful to your mental health.
- Definition: create or design (something that has not existed before); be the originator of
- Synonyms: create, originate
- Example: I did not have to invent any tales about my past.
- Definition: including all the services or items normally expected or required
- Synonyms: overall, comprehensive
- Example: Only an inclusive peace process will end the conflict.
- Definition: the quality of being clever, original, and inventive
- Synonyms: creativity, originality
- Example: His ingenuity with words stamped him as an outstanding politician.
Positive Words That Start with I to Uplift Our Mind
If or when you have a bad day, try to use these encouraging words that start with I to uplift your mind. When you are happy, the people around you are happy too.
- Definition: done without being planned, organized, or rehearsed
- Synonyms: unscripted, extempore
- Example: He made an impromptu speech about honor and responsibility.
- Definition: done on purpose; deliberate
- Synonyms: deliberate, conscious
- Example: Let me assure you that it was not intentional.
- Definition: closely acquainted; familiar
- Synonyms: confidential, cherished
- Example: In a few weeks, he’ll know your most intimate secrets.
- Definition: a series of words said as a magic spell or charm
- Synonyms: conjuration, chant
- Example: He sought in his head for an incantation that had faded clean away.
- Definition: having or indicating a readiness or over-readiness to be generous to or lenient with someone
- Synonyms: forbearing, kind
- Example: He was an indulgent father, ever ready to provide new clothes.
- Definition: extremely large or great, especially in scale or degree
- Synonyms: enormous, vast
- Example: The immense house was brilliant with lights shining through its lofty windows.
- Definition: endless or apparently endless (often used hyperbolically)
- Synonyms: unending, everlasting
- Example: The journey seemed interminable.
- Definition: (especially of a liquid) very cold; as cold as ice
- Synonyms: frozen, glacial
- Example: He is the epitome of ice-cold judgment.
- Definition: be inspired with an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for
- Synonyms: obsess, fascinate
- Example: She is infatuated with a handsome police chief.
List of Positive Words That Start with I to Keep Us Stay Positive
Use these positive words that start with I to stay positive and spread positivity in everyone’s life. They will also improve your word knowledge!
1 . Innocence
- Definition: lack of guile or corruption
- Synonyms: harmlessness, inoffensiveness
- Example: The healthy bloom in her cheeks gave her an aura of innocence.
- Definition: the state of being mutually related or connected
- Synonyms: interrelation, interaction
- Example: He emphasizes the interrelatedness of oral language and literacy.
- Definition: arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate
- Synonyms: conspire, plot
- Example: I was intrigued by your question.
- Definition: protected or exempt, especially from an obligation or the effects of something
- Synonyms: resistant, unsusceptible
- Example: Today, we found someone who’s immune to our powers.
- Definition: a rise in size
- Synonyms: elevation, growth
- Example: He received a huge pay increase.
- Definition: fearless, undaunted
- Synonyms: brave, spirited
- Examples: Impavid vacationers dare to swim with sharks without any form of protection.
- Definition: not damaged or impaired in any way; complete
- Synonyms: uninjured, flawless
- Example: The church was almost in ruins, but its tower remained intact.
- Definition: free or safe from injury or violation
- Synonyms: pure, unspoiled
- Example: The constitution proclaims that public property shall be inviolated.
- Definition: necessary to make a whole complete; essential or fundamental
- Synonyms: basic, inherent
- Example: Games are an integral part of the school’s curriculum.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with I
If you want some common words that are used every day, then you should read these positive words that start with I. They are very easy and interesting.
- Definition: in a way that shows that you want to discover as much as you can about something, or want to know something
- Synonyms: nosily, intrusively
- Example: She glanced inquisitively between the two of them.
- Definition: connected in such a way that each thing has an effect on or depends on the other
- Synonyms: respective, interconnected
- Example: The book is a collection of interrelated pieces on modern travel.
- Definition: lighting or light
- Synonyms: lighting, radiance
- Example: When taking photographs indoors, use a flash for illumination.
- Definition: of, relating to, or producing illumination
- Synonyms: elucidative, explanative
- Example: The illuminative descriptions of the sights to be seen from the observatory gave us a much better idea of what we were looking at.
- Definition: the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative
- Synonyms: creativity, inventiveness
- Example: Helen had one of her flashes of inspiration.
- Definition: something that has never been made before, or the process of creating something that has never been made before
- Synonyms: origination, creation
- Example: The invention of the contraceptive pill brought about profound changes in the lives of women.
- Definition: deliberately; on purpose
- Synonyms: purposely, knowingly
- Example: She was intentionally unpleasant.
- Definition: make a complete list of
- Synonyms: listing, log
- Example: I inventoried his collection of drawings.
- Definition: the state or fact of being of great significance or value
- Synonyms: significance, consequence
- Example: It’s a country which places great importance on education.
- Definition: protection or exemption from something, especially an obligation or penalty
- Synonyms: exemption, exception
- Example: The rebels were given immunity from prosecution.
Positive Words That Start with I for Attractive Resumes
An attractive resume can make a huge difference so when writing one make sure to use these positive words that start with I to sound like you know what you want.
- Definition: an idea, feeling, or opinion about something or someone, especially one formed without conscious thought or on the basis of little evidence
- Synonyms: feeling, sense
- Example: His helpfulness today has made me revise my original impression of him.
- Definition: a person
- Synonyms: single, sole
- Example: I am a talented individual.
- Definition: an occasion when two or more people or things communicate with or react to each other
- Synonyms: interchange, the interplay
- Example: The play follows the interactions of three very different characters.
- Definition: involving more than one country
- Synonyms: global, worldwide
- Example: She was the boss of a large international company.
- Definition: carry out research or study into (a subject or problem, typically one in a scientific or academic field)
- Synonyms: probe, explore
- Example: Future studies will investigate whether long-term use of the drugs could prevent cancer.
- Definition: make or become better
- Synonyms: better, upgrade
- Example: We have to make efforts to improve relations between the countries.
- Definition: someone who affects or changes the way that other people behave
- Synonyms: consultant, authority
- Example: For a young designer, fashion week is a good opportunity to have an audience with the industry influencers who converge in New York.
- Definition: the action or process of investing money for profit
- Synonyms: investing, funding
- Example: There’s been a significant investment to make the project a success.
- Definition: something that you want and plan to do
- Synonyms: aim, goal
- Example: I’ve no intention of changing my plans just to fit in with his.
- Definition: the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills
- Synonyms: perception, insight
- Example: It’s the intelligence of his writing that impresses you.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with I
These were all the positive words that start with the letter I that could be fit in this article. Remember that using these words will greatly improve your English language and thus help you in your life overall.
The positive words starting with I are very helpful in everyday life. You can use these words to write stories, poems, resumes, and much more. Moreover, they will make you sound smarter in front of your friends and family, which can be very amusing. Most importantly, having a good vocabulary will make you happy.
Ps. See also adjectives words that start with I, nouns that start with I and verbs that start with I.