If you are not confident enough while speaking English, you shouldn’t be worried now because here are some positive words that start with O.
These positive words beginning with O will enhance your vocabulary and have a very positive impact on your everyday life. They make you sound like an intellectual person. Speaking good words will uplift your mood as well as others around you. Inspirational words that start with O nourish your soul and help you achieve a good position in life.
Express your emotions well with all these exceptional words starting with O. There is a variety of words in the dictionary that you should learn to communicate well with other people. It gives a good impression of you and your chances of securing jobs and high scores become possible. It is not very time consuming also and is also fun at the same time!
Here is a list of positive words that start with O that you will surely enjoy reading.
Table of Contents
Positive Words That Start with O – Full List (165 words)
Here is the full list of positive words that start with O, you will find 165 positive words that start with O.
Positive Words That Start with O to Describe a Person
If you are bored of using the same words again and again then take a look at these words starting with O to describe a person positively.
- Definition: comply or willing to comply with orders or requests; submissive to another’s will
- Synonyms: dutiful, good, compliant
- Example: As an officer, he was obedient and never disputed my orders.
- Definition: notice things
- Synonyms: keen, sharp
- Example: Her observant eye took in every detail.
- Definition: (of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything
- Synonyms: supreme, mighty
- Example: God is described as omnipotent and benevolent.
- Definition: someone who knows everything
- Synonyms: all-knowing, all-wise
- Example: The story is told by an omniscient narrator.
- Definition: clear, self-evident,
- Synonyms: clear, plain
- Example: I love the fact how Mary’s remarks are always so obvious, nothing sarcastic.
- Definition: express or display one’s warm and kind feelings without concealment
- Synonyms: open, liberal, true
- Example: Joan Ramsey, open-hearted, smiling, caring, changed his life.
- Definition: willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced
- Synonyms: un-bias, accepting
- Example: He was very open-minded about accepting other people’s work.
- Definition: feel or show hope for the future
- Synonyms: positive
- Example: Jorge was optimistic in every situation.
- Definition: arranged in a systematic way, especially on a large scale
- Synonyms: in order, tidy
- Example: I am systematic and organized enough to save things.
- Definition: friendly and socially confident
- Synonyms: extrovert, affectionate
- Example: She’s an extremely affable, jovial, outgoing type of person.
Positive Words That Start with O to Encourage Yourself
Everyone needs some kind of motivation in different walks of life so read these good words that start with O to encourage yourself.
- Definition: an introduction to something more substantial
- Synonyms: lead-in, introduction
- Example: The government has made a significant peace overture by opening the door to negotiation.
- Definition: a sustained and enthusiastic show of appreciation from an audience, especially by means of applause
- Synonyms: applause, clapping
- Example: The performance received a thundering ovation.
- Definition: hopefulness and confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something
- Synonyms: hope, confidence
- Example: The talks had been amicable and there were grounds for optimism.
- Definition: perform better than other
- Synonyms: better, beat, surpass
- Example: An experienced employee outperforms the novice.
- Definition: a formal speech, especially one given on a ceremonial occasion
- Synonyms: speech, address, lecture
- Example: There is nothing quite like his messianic oration.
- Definition: (of a time) well-chosen or particularly favorable or appropriate
- Synonyms: golden, favorable
- Example: He couldn’t have arrived at a less opportune moment.
- Definition: without concealment, deception, or prevarication, especially where these might be expected; frankly or honestly
- Synonyms: in public, publicly
- Example: They remained openly skeptical about her promises of improvement.
- Definition: relating to the ancient city of Olympia or the Olympic Games
- Synonyms: athletic contest, game
- Example: John is a famous Olympic champion.
- Definition: the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively
- Synonyms: art, collected work
- Example: Like Jack, he contributed to the substantial body of Lindsay autobiography, a significant oeuvre in its own right.
- Definition: a thing aimed at or sought; a goal
- Synonyms: goal, target, purpose
- Example: The system has achieved its objective.
Positive Words That Start with O to Compliment Others
It’s always good to give compliments to each other, here are some nice words that start with O that you can use to make others feel good.
- Definition: a worker, especially a skilled one in a manufacturing industry
- Synonyms: mechanic, engineer
- Example: The operatives cleaned the machines at the end of every shift.
- Definition: ostentatiously rich and luxurious or lavish
- Synonyms: lavish, deluxe
- Example: Henry Thrale, one of the most opulent brewers in the kingdom, is a man of dreams.
- Definition: willing to do a service or kindness; helpful
- Synonyms: helpful, accommodating, willing.
- Example: He is hospitable, obliging, and specially well-disposed to the foreigner.
- Definition: giving freely; generous
- Synonyms: generous, charitable
- Example: She has worked in a very open-handed and friendly way.
- Definition: best or most favorable; optimum
- Synonyms: perfect, best
- Example: Since Betty loved her children and always worried about their health, she wanted to get the optimal health insurance for them.
- Definition: an eccentric or unusual person
- Synonyms: eccentric, free-spirit
- Example: Comparatively, he is always strong, original and above all, practical.
- Definition: a person who creates or initiates something.
- Synonyms: inventor, creator
- Example: Britton was the originator of a new class of literary works.
- Definition: exceptionally good
- Synonyms: excellent, marvelous
- Example: As a president, he was outstanding in many ways.
- Definition: extremely happy
- Synonyms: ecstatic, euphoric
- Example: Joanna will be overjoyed to see you.
- Definition: able to handle any situation
- Synonyms: effective, capable
- Example: John could handle the difficult job as he was omni-competent.
Positive Words That Start with O to Help Through Difficulties
When you are in extreme difficulty, you need words that encourage you to get out of depression. Read these encouraging words that start with O to boost up your morale.
- Definition: rated as most likely to win
- Synonyms: quite possible, rational
- Example: Mr. Kerry won the state, where he was the odds-on favorite.
- Definition: something you can get your hands on
- Synonyms: available, in circulation
- Example: The sight of something attainable from her bucket list lifted her spirits.
- Definition: achieve the thing aimed at
- Synonyms: accurate, precise
- Example: McGrath was on-target with a header.
- Definition: indicating continuation of a movement or action
- Synonyms: continuously, endlessly
- Example: She continued on despite the days when the skies were grey.
- Definition: used to express assent, agreement or acceptance
- Synonyms: right, good
- Example: It’s okay Toby, you’re did better than me.
- Definition: notice or perceive something
- Synonyms: notice, see
- Example: These mountains are the perfect destinations to observe nature.
- Definition: going further rather than coming to an end or halt; moving forward
- Synonyms: ahead, forward, alee
- Example: Jenn pushed onward through her difficulties even when the skies were grey.
- Definition: something that is great
- Synonyms: nautical, vast
- Example: The Sahara lies behind the oceanic tidal waves.
- Definition: on or onto the stage and so visible to the audience
- Synonyms: onstream, towards
- Example: The audience seemed particularly attentive whenever she was on-stage.
- Definition: having no determined limit or boundary
- Synonyms: unrestrained, indefinite
- Example: The children’s toys are open-ended which will help foster their creativity.
Positive Words That Start with O to Uplift Our Mind
If you are looking for positive words that will always make you feel happy then read these motivational words that start with O.
- Definition: a very large expanse or quantity
- Synonyms: plenty, vast
- Example: As far as his eyes could see he felt the ocean waving back at him.
- Definition: clear sighted
- Synonyms: perceptive, fully aware
- Example: She watched open-eyed as the plane took off, taking in the beauty beneath her.
- Definitions: of or relating to the observable or measurable
- Synonyms: effective
- Example: It is a type of operant conditioning that employs a positive reinforcement method of training.
- Definition: in or into operation or existence
- Synonyms: connected, plugged in
- Example: The town’s new high-tech power plant is expected to go online this month.
- Definition: a large group of musicians playing different instruments
- Synonyms: band, symphony
- Example: Although his output was largely orchestral, his religious upbringing played a significant role in influencing his choral compositions.
- Definition: relating to or derived from living matter
- Synonyms: living, natural, biotic
- Example: The organic gardener avoids the use of pesticides in order to keep the intake of food healthy.
- Definition: adjust or tailor something to specified circumstances or needs
- Synonyms: aim, direct, angle
- Example: He had to orient himself as they brought him down, and he knew his way along the ride to the destination.
- Definition: full, round or imposing
- Synonyms: deep, strong, powerful
- Example: The millionaire’s orotund manner claimed him an important position in the company.
- Definition: lack of secrecy or concealment
- Synonyms: frankness
- Example: A democratic society committed is to openness and transparency.
- Definition: feeling intense emotion
- Synonyms: engulf, submerge
- Example: I felt overwhelmed with happiness to see the presents I got for my 16th birthday.
List of Positive Words That Start with O to Keep Us Stay Positive
This amazing list of positive words that start with O will always keep you motivated. Stick this list to your refrigerator to read them daily.
- Definition: present or proffer (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as desired
- Synonyms: provide, present
- Example: Several companies offer new, entry-level models in hopes of attracting more buyers.
- Definition: get, acquire or secure something
- Synonyms: secure, procure
- Example: Jenna took the opportunity to obtain advanced degrees to make her parents happy.
- Definition: the fact or state of being one in number
- Synonyms: one, singleness
- Example: He feels a oneness with God.
- Definition: most conducive to a favorable outcome
- Synonyms: best, most amazing
- Example: For optimum nutrition you may also wish to supplement your diet with a daily multi-vitamin.
- Definitions: relating to an organization or the way it is set up
- Synonyms: supervisory, directorial
- Example: He was the recipient of two commendations for his organizational excellence.
- Definition: done or shown openly
- Synonyms: unconcealed
- Example: His opponent’s intention is quite overt.
- Definition: shine more brighter than
- Synonyms: surpass, outclass
- Example: A supernova would outshine all the other stars in its galaxy.
- Definition: a person who owns something
- Synonyms: holder, homeowner
- Example: The owner made sure that the dog was friendly towards the neighbors.
- Definition: play better than
- Synonyms: dominate, excel, outmatch
- Example: The student outplayed everyone in his class and scored the highest scores and made his parents proud.
- Definition: excessively excited
- Synonyms: high-strung, excited,
- Example: Some of the boys became over-excited over the thought of getting dessert for dinner.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with O
You often hear people say unique words with o that you don’t understand. Here is a list of all positive words that start with O to nourish your vocabulary.
- Definition: able to be noticed or perceived; discernible
- Synonyms: noticeable, visible
- Example: The properties available for analysis are constrained by the set of actions that remain globally observable.
- Definition: showing varying colors as an opal does
- Synonyms: prismatic, rainbow-like
- Example: Elaine turned her opalescent eyes on him.
- Definition: from or in connection with living matter
- Synonyms: essentially, naturally
- Example: Consumers are prepared to pay a premium for organically grown vegetables.
- Definition: made in an intricate shape or decorated with complex patterns
- Synonyms: embellish, decorate
- Example: Maria Della Misericordia is an ornate example of early Renaissance work.
- Definition: give a summary of (something)
- Synonyms: define, indicate
- Example: She will outline the case briefly.
- Definition: a particular time or instance of an event
- Synonyms: event, moment
- Example: On one occasion I stayed up until two in the morning.
- Definition: structured poem praising or glorifying an event or individual
- Synonyms: poem, lyrics
- Example: First, he should open with a smarmy ode to Perot.
- Definition: involving, done, or operated by only one person
- Synonyms: one person, single person
- Example: Dusty was a one-man Internal Affairs department.
- Definition: be superior to in action or performance
- Synonyms: surpass, outshine
- Example: The men tried to outdo each other in their generosity.
- Definition: live or last longer than
- Synonyms: outlive, survive
- Example: She has the kind of beauty that will outlast youth.
Positive Words That Start with O for Attractive Resumes
A resume is something on which your entire future is dependent, these positive words that start with O will make your resume look good.
- Definition: relating to a job or profession
- Synonyms: professional, work
- Example: John is suited perfectly for all occupational categories in the health department.
- Definition: the quality of being exciting, energetic, or sexually attractive
- Synonyms: strength, attraction
- Example: He showed entrepreneurial oomph.
- Definition: a person who organizes
- Synonyms: planner, arranger
- Example: She was by reputation, a good organizer.
- Definition: create or initiating (something)
- Synonyms: create, invent
- Example: He is responsible for it as he did help originate this particular cliché.
- Definition: make a choice from a range of possibilities
- Synonyms: choose, select
- Example: I assure, if you opt me for this job, you will never be disappointed.
- Definition: a person’s point of view or general attitude of life
- Synonyms: view, perspective
- Example: Since Sam has a broad outlook of life, he is perfect for this job.
- Definition: comprising or relating to all sorts or varieties
- Synonyms: different, distinct
- Example: Omnifarious develop, win “dream-team” of Chinese real estate.
- Definition: open and direct; not concealed
- Synonyms: complete, absolute
- Example: Kathy responded outright to the question that the boss asked.
- Definition: able to be used
- Synonyms: achievable, serviceable
- Example: Dan can make the most impractical thing, operable by his hard work and efforts.
- Definition: relating to the branch of medicine dealing with the correction of deformities of bones or muscles
- Synonyms: surgeon, doctor
- Example: I am the best orthopedic surgeon your clinic needs.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with O
These enlightening positive words that start with the letter O will give you the right kind of spirit you need to enhance your life. You will feel more knowledgeable and confident about yourself once you start using these in conversations. Send this to friends and relatives if you feel it will benefit them.
These words can really help bring out the positivity in you, use them in writing to enhance your confidence. If you keep reading these words again and again, you will be able to instill them in your life positively. We hope you enjoyed this list of positive words starting with O.