275 Positive Words That Start with F [with Definitions and Examples]
The positive words that start with F will be listed in this article. The letter F has many uses, just like every other alphabet. Learning these positive words beginning with F will improve your vocabulary in real life. Moreover, you will also find some inspirational words that start with F here as well.
If you want to learn more about the letter F, then you need to know the following fact about it. Did you know before 1898, the letter “E” was used to mark the lowest grade? But Mount Holyoke College administrators decided to turn the lowest mark to “F” as students would sometimes be mistaken and think that “E” stands for “excellent” while it is easier to remember that “F” stands for “failure”! Kind of a depressing fact, but it is interesting nevertheless.
Below is the list of positive words that start with F. Keep on reading to increase your vocabulary and sound much smarter from today on.
Positive Words That Start with F – Full List (275 words)
Here is the full list of positive words that start with F, you will find total 275 amazing positive words.
Positive Words That Start with F to Describe a Person
In this section, we talk about words starting with F to describe a person positively. These can be useful for writing characters as well as in short stories.
- Definition: color that is pale or light
- Synonyms: light, yellow, creamy
- Example: Her fair skin was so soft, it made her look angelic.
- Definition: something that is expensive or connected with an expensive way of life, usually to impress people
- Synonyms: ornamental, decorative, luxurious
- Example: The fancy hotel that they went to had such exquisite decoration!
- Definition: someone who stays with and supports a person, organization, or belief
- Synonyms: loyal, devoted, true-hearted
- Example: The faithful wife always found ways to make her husband happy.
- Definition: someone who is recognized and known by many people
- Synonyms: well-known, prominent, popular
- Example: The famous celebrity had many reputable friends.
- Definition: someone who follows a style that is popular at a certain time
- Synonyms: in fashion, popular, modern
- Example: The fashionable attire that she wore made the whole town envious.
- Definition: a person or an animal able to conceive young
- Synonyms: reproductive, fruitful
- Example: The fertile woman gave birth to sixteen children.
- Definition: someone or something that is extremely good
- Synonyms: marvelous, excellent, first-class
- Example: The movie was absolutely fabulous.
- Definition: behavior or activities that are not serious and are done for only enjoyment
- Synonyms: enjoyment, excitement, amusement
- Example: He was so fun to be with.
- Definition: anything based on the belief that women should have the same rights as men
- Synonyms: womanism, women’s rights
- Example: Her feminist beliefs got her in a lot of trouble in this man-leading world.
- Definition: a system of government in which each state of a country have control over their affairs but are controlled by a central government for national decisions
- Synonyms: confederate, linked
- Example: The federal government-controlled all taxes.
Positive Words That Start with F to Encourage Yourself
We all need good words that start with F to encourage us sometimes. We all go through hard times, and sometimes even a word can make us feel better.
- Definition: the act of forgiving, not being angry at someone who has wronged you
- Synonyms: pardon, mercy, understanding
- Example: Forgiveness should be given to yourself first, before anyone else.
- Definition: trusting somebody’s ability or knowledge
- Synonyms: trust, belief, hope
- Example: People should have faith in each other and God.
- Definition: a group of people, usually one or two parents, and their children
- Synonyms: household, ménage
- Example: No matter what, her family was always there to support her.
- Definition: an emotion that is felt through the mind or senses
- Synonyms: tenderness, love, fondness
- Example: The feeling of joy that I felt left me speechless.
- Definition: a person that you work with or have similar interests with
- Synonyms: companion, friend, partner
- Example: All her fellow workers get paid more.
- Definition: highest or best of the class
- Synonyms: superior, top-quality
- Example: The boy crowned his career by taking a double first-class.
- Definition: a time that will come after the present
- Synonyms: time to come, time ahead
- Example: The future is unknown, but her faith is unwavering.
- Definition: an informal way to say something that is very good
- Synonyms: great, brilliant, tremendous
- Example: They knew they needed to have a fantastic wedding.
- Definition: a relationship that is formed between friends
- Synonyms: relationship, attachment, bond
- Example: Our friendship was so strong that it could withstand any storms.
- Definition: the right given that allows people to say or do whatever they want without being stopped
- Synonyms: privilege, prerogative, due
- Example: Her freedom was more important to her than their ignorance.
Positive Words That Start with F to Compliment Others
If you wish to compliment others, these nice words that start with F will be very useful. Make sure to use them on people after learning them!
- Definition: something that makes you laugh
- Synonyms: amusing, humorous, droll
- Example: He was so funny all the time that it was hard to believe that he could be serious too.
- Definition: someone who behaves in a kind and pleasing way
- Synonyms: affectionate, cordial, affable
- Example: She was very friendly even towards strangers.
- Definition: something related to a family or typical for family
- Synonyms: family-like, genetic
- Example: The newborn had all the familial qualities.
- Definition: understanding the effects of the action for the future that are being performed now
- Synonyms: acute, canny, discerning
- Example: All her decisions were far-sighted because of her need for success.
- Definition: someone who is very attractive and interesting
- Synonyms: captivating, interesting, enchanting
- Example: His personality was so fascinating that he could turn his enemies into lovers.
- Definition: someone who can complete tasks very quickly
- Synonyms: quick, brisk, swift
- Example: She could run very fast.
- Definition: having no mistakes in something or someone
- Synonyms: perfect, flawless, unblemished
- Example: All her features were faultless.
- Definition: something that is liked more than the others, among similar things
- Synonyms: choice, dearest, treasured
- Example: His favorite toy could not be touched by any of his family members.
- Definition: making people have a good opinion of someone or something
- Synonyms: approving, praising, complimentary
- Example: He made a favorable impression on her parents.
- Definition: not afraid of anything
- Synonyms: brave, dauntless, intrepid
- Example: His fearless nature often got him in great trouble.
Positive Words That Start with F to Help Through Difficulties
Some people need encouraging words that start with F to help through difficulties. If you are that someone or know someone that is going through hard times, these words might help.
- Definition: moving rapidly, or swiftly
- Synonyms: nimble, speedy
- Example: A variety of expressions fleeted across his face.
- Definition: being careful about every detail to make sure it is perfect
- Synonyms: meticulous, scrupulous, sedulous
- Example: My daughter makes sure to always dress up with fastidious care.
- Definition: being very interested and attracted to something
- Synonyms: engrossed, captivated, bewitched
- Example: I was fascinated by Japanese culture.
- Definition: something that is typical for a special event or celebration
- Synonyms: jolly, merry, happy
- Example: All the festive decorations made the child’s eyes sparkle with joy.
- Definition: someone or some animal showing strong feelings or a lot of activity, in a violent way
- Synonyms: competitive, aggressive, keen
- Example: Her fierce determination got her to win a gold medal.
- Definition: trying to please someone by praising them or by paying a lot of attention to them
- Synonyms: pay court to, play up to
- Example: Monica wasn’t certain if she should be laughing or horrified by the fawning women.
- Definition: something typical that a good father does
- Synonyms: paternal, caring, encouraging
- Example: The fatherly concern was clear on his face.
- Definition: something famous and often talked about but rarely seen
- Synonyms: legendary, acclaimed, mythological
- Example: There is a famous story of a fabled monster in a kid’s book.
- Definition: being treated in a special way or having advantages
- Synonyms: advocated, honored
- Example: The favored child wanted ice cream before the other children.
- Definition: having a loving feeling for someone, especially when known for a long while
- Synonyms: love, into
- Example: He was so fond of his grandma that her death rattled him.
Positive Words That Start with F to Uplift Our Mind
Having motivation words that start with F in our lives can help us be more compassionate. Words have the power to help us and make us happy.
- Definition: someone who has the willingness to forgive others
- Synonyms: merciful, pitying, compassionate
- Example: Her forgiving nature allowed her to make a lot of friends.
- Definition: someone who is direct and honest in speech and manner
- Synonyms: frank, direct, honest
- Example: The child’s forthright way of speech amused everyone.
- Definition: someone who can bring or have an advantage or is lucky
- Synonyms: lucky, blessed, favored
- Example: He was very fortunate to have survived the car accident.
- Definition: someone who is honest in what they say, especially in unpalatable matters
- Synonyms: candid, plain, straight
- Example: He was very frank in expressing his feelings.
- Definition: something that is chosen well and is giving good results
- Synonyms: happy, apt, suitable
- Example: He spoke a very felicitous phrase in his graduation speech.
- Definition: something that has many successful results
- Synonyms: productive, useful, worthwhile
- Example: The event they planned resulted in many fruitful associations.
- Definition: something or place covered in flowers or with pictures of flowers
- Synonyms: floral, flower-covered
- Example: Her new room had a beautiful flowery bed.
- Definition: a place that is simple, informal, and friendly
- Synonyms: homey, down-to-earth, rustic
- Example: Her house was very folksy and charming.
- Definition: someone very strong
- Synonyms: savage, fierce, powerful
- Example: The will to survive can often compel someone to be ferocious.
- Definition: ability to change and fit into new conditions and situations
- Synonyms: accommodating, adaptable, biddable
- Example: Her ability to be flexible helped her save more money.
List of Positive Words That Start with F to Keep Us Stay Positive
These are some common positive words that start with F that can be useful when you feel negative. Use them to put more positivity in the world.
- Definition: someone who has and shows very sincere and strong feelings about something
- Synonyms: ardent, intense, passionate
- Example: The dog showed fervent honesty for his owner.
- Definition: someone who is different, confident, and exciting in a way that attracts attention from others
- Synonyms: ostentatious, confident, lively
- Example: He was so flamboyant; no wonder he made friends everywhere he went.
- Definition: things that attract attention by being bright, expensive, and large
- Synonyms: showy, bold, obtrusive
- Example: Their flashy house made everyone jealous.
- Definition: something extremely good
- Synonyms: fabulous, excellent, great
- Example: The circus has fab tricks!
- Definition: doing something willingly or with pleasure
- Synonyms: willing, inclined
- Example: All of the students were in line with fain.
- Definition: to learn about something or to teach somebody about something till they understand it
- Synonyms: acquaint, make familiar, teach in
- Example: The path to the school was now familiarizing to him.
- Definition: being extremely surprised or shocked
- Synonyms: astonished, amazed, surprised
- Example: The band’s song left the judges flabbergasted.
- Definition: someone or something very silly
- Synonyms: silly, airheaded, frivolous
- Example: The act done by the young lady was very featherbrained.
- Definition: the ability to predict the future and use this information to prepare for the future
- Synonyms: hindsight, vision, prevision
- Example: Hi foresighted warning helped them avoid great loss.
- Definition: something that is going to happen or appear very soon
- Synonyms: coming, approaching, nearing
- Example: The book from my favorite author was forthcoming.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with F
This section also contains positive words that start with F. The words in this section are very commonly used, so you must have heard about some of them.
- Definition: to be the right shape, quality, and size for somebody or something
- Synonyms: suitable, relevant, apt
- Example: The dress fit her like a glove.
- Definition: a natural ability to learn or do something easily
- Synonyms: talent, aptitude, gift
- Example: Her facility for languages helped her travel the world.
- Definition: a thing that is known to be true, especially when it can be proved
- Synonyms: reality, actuality, certainly
- Example: The fact is that she was there.
- Definition: one of several things that cause or influence something
- Synonyms: part, element, point
- Example: The skills he showed were a factor in their success.
- Definition: the state of being known and talked about by many people
- Synonyms: renown, stardom, popularity
- Example: Winning the Olympics bought her a lot of fame.
- Definition: at or to a greater distance in space or time
- Synonyms: afar, a long way
- Example: The house was farther than they expected.
- Definition: a thing you do to help somebody
- Synonyms: courtesy, kindness, benefit
- Example: He asked me for a favor.
- Definition: very well
- Synonyms: well, excellent, good
- Example: “We are all doing fine, thank you for asking.”
- Definition: happening or coming before all other similar things or people
- Synonyms: initial, earliest, original
- Example: It was his first day of school.
- Definition: to decide on a date, time, an amount, etc. for something
- Synonyms: set, select, choose
- Example: There are no dates fixed for the hearing yet.
Positive Words That Start with F for Attractive Resumes
When looking for a job, we all need to write resumes. These positive words that start with F are the perfect solution for people wanting to sound professional.
- Definition: to give effort and attention to one particular subject, person, and situation rather than other
- Synonyms: emphasis, focal point, priority
- Example: She shook her head, her focus back on Marry.
- Definition: ability to fly
- Synonyms: airborne, in-flight, hovering
- Example: He was flying on that airplane.
- Definition: to accept advice and instructions and do what you have been told or shown to do
- Synonyms: obey, observe, stick to
- Example: He was asked to follow all written instructions.
- Definition: used to say that a particular situation or state will always exist
- Synonyms: evermore, constantly, eternally
- Example: The puppy got forever home.
- Definition: a style of dress, speech, writing, behavior, etc. that is correct and suitable for official or important occasions
- Synonyms: ceremonial, ritualistic, conventional
- Example: He is very formal in his manner and dressing.
- Definition: most prominent in rank
- Synonyms: leading, supreme
- Example: He was a singer, but first and foremost a scholar.
- Definition: a large amount of money
- Synonyms: wealth, riches, assets
- Example: He inherited a substantial fortune from his aunt.
- Definition: happening or doing something often
- Synonyms: recurrent, repeated, persistent
- Example: They had frequent visits to the shops.
- Definition: serious and very important; affecting the most central and important parts of something
- Synonyms: basic, foundation, elemental
- Example: The protection of fundamental human rights should be essential.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start With F
These were all the positive words starting with F to help you get smarter in the English language. If you want to remember these words forever, then make sure to read them over and over again till you know that you will never forget them! Also, while you’re at it, remember to make them interesting, so it is easier to remember.
The list of positive words that start with the letter F is very useful if you know where to use them; that’s why we have also given example sentences to give you an idea. The list also has synonyms to make it easier for you to understand the words.
Ps. See also adjectives words that start with F, nouns that start with F and verbs that start with F.