665 Positive Words That Start with S [with Definitions and Examples]
When you think of the word S, all positive words come to your mind so here is a detailed list of all positive words that start with S to enlighten your soul. You will feel refreshed after reading these.
Positive words beginning with S will have a deep impact on your everyday life and your conversations while interacting with different people. All these inspirational words that start with S will make you a knowledgeable person and people will love talking to you. It is not a very hard task to learn these words if you stay consistent.
You can easily use them every day without much fuss. Just take a few every day and learn them, practice with friends and family till you get a grip. These will help getting your writing and speaking skills better.
This list of positive words that start with S, is a perfect list for students who are dedicated to get good grades in their exams. Don’t panic, learn ten each day and in just a week, you will already have gotten a good grip on them!
Positive Words That Start with S – Full List (665 words)
Here is the full list of positive words that start with S, you will find a total of 665 positive words that start with S.
Positive Words That Start with S to Describe a Person
Descriptive essays are usually harder than normal essays but reading all these words starting with S to describe a person positively will surely make things easier for you.
- Definition: a very virtuous, kind, or patient person
- Synonyms: kind, patient
- Example: She’s a saint to go on living with that man.
- Definition: relating to religion or religious belief
- Synonyms: sacred, holy, divine
- Example: You all must listen to the tribe’s spiritual leader.
- Definition: generally attractive or interesting
- Synonyms: slinky, seductive
- Example: Everything about Jehn was sexy, from her tight clothing to her sensual walk.
- Definition: having or showing a quick-witted intelligence
- Synonyms: bright, intelligent
- Example: He was smart enough to get out of the situation easily.
- Definition: (of a statement or course of action) chosen in accordance with wisdom or prudence; likely to be of benefit
- Synonyms: practical, realistic
- Example: She was sensible enough to stop driving when she got too tired.
- Definition: a person who saves something or someone
- Synonyms: rescuer, champion
- Example: Politicians of the era usually portray themselves as the nation’s savior.
- Definition: a person who spends a lot of time with other people
- Synonyms: extrovert, outgoing
- Example: I am socially-active with the government activities.
- Definition: pleasing in general, delightful
- Synonyms: agreeable, nice
- Example: It was the sweet life partner he had always craved.
- Definition: providing encouragement or emotional help
- Synonyms: caring, sympathetic
- Example: The staff are extremely supportive of each other.
- Definition: the spirit and essence of a person
- Synonyms: epitome, model
- Example: Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.
Positive Words That Start with S to Encourage Yourself
Encouragement is that one thing we all need to achieve our goals, so here is a list of good words that start with S to give motivation.
- Definition: a feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities and judgement
- Synonyms: self-assurance, morale
- Example: Self-confidence is all you need to bring out your skills and abilities.
- Definition: the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects
- Synonyms: teamwork, union
- Example: The synergy between artist and record company will produce something massive.
- Definition: give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act
- Synonyms: help, assist
- Example: He urged that military support be sent to protect humanitarian convoys.
- Definition: enough to meet the needs of a situation
- Synonyms: enough, ample
- Example: Howie would first go back to earlier in the day and document precise activities of the director; we hoped they’d be sufficient for him to believe our abilities.
- Definition: firmly fixed, supported, or balanced; not shaking or moving
- Synonyms: secure, balance, stable
- Example: The lighter the camera, the harder it is to hold steady.
- Definition: achieve the desired aim or result
- Synonyms: triumph, thrive
- Example: Keep trying and you will eventually succeed.
- Definition: a place, person, or thing from which something comes or can be obtained
- Synonyms: spring, origin
- Example: Mackerel is a good source of fish oil.
- Definition: the point in time or space at which something has its origin; the beginning
- Synonyms: onset, emergence
- Example: He takes over as chief executive at the start of next year.
- Definition: a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation
- Synonyms: quick fix, explanation
- Example: There is always a solution for all problems if you think positively.
- Definition: astonish, and amaze mean to impress forcibly by being unexpected
- Synonyms: astonish, amaze
- Example: He likes to surprise people on special occasions.
Positive Words That Start with S to Compliment Others
Life is too small so make everyone feel beautiful by complimenting them. Here are some nice words that start with S to help you out.
- Definition: expressing or appearing to express deep feeling
- Synonyms: deep, heartfelt
- Example: She gave him a soulful glance.
- Definition: a know-it-all or a smart aleck
- Synonyms: intelligent, smart
- Example: She’s a real smarty and does her job very well.
- Definition: better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual
- Synonyms: exceptional, particular
- Example: A special person always makes an effort on Christmas.
- Definition: pride and confidence in oneself; a feeling that one is behaving with honor and dignity
- Synonyms: pride, self-regard
- Example: I want to work again to keep up my self-respect.
- Definition: accomplishing an aim or purpose
- Synonyms: lucky, fortunate
- Example: Tom Cruise is a successful actor.
- Definition: having or characterized by a smile
- Synonyms: grinning, beaming
- Example: It’s nice to see everyone’s smiling faces.
- Definition: feeling, showing or expressing sympathy
- Synonyms: friendly, pleasant
- Example: Audrey develops as a sympathetic character.
- Definition: beautiful in a dramatic and eye-catching way
- Synonyms: striking, breathtaking
- Example: French history was represented in a spectacular for tourists.
- Definition: attracting attention by reason of being prominent.
- Synonyms: evident, noticeable
- Example: She bears a striking resemblance to her older sister.
- Definition: most noticeable or important
- Synonyms: main, principal
- Example: He read the salient facts quickly.
Positive Words That Start with S to Help Through Difficulties
Difficult times can get very depressing for some people so take a look at these encouraging words that start with S to uplift your mind and soul.
- Definition: the star around which the earth orbits
- Synonyms: light, warmth
- Example: The sun shone from a cloudless sky.
- Definition: (of the sun or another source of light) give out a bright light
- Synonyms: beam, gleam
- Example: She was a quiet girl who had taken a shine to the Deans.
- Definition: continuing for an extended period or without interruption
- Synonyms: comforted, helped
- Example: Several years of sustained economic growth.
- Definition: a person’s belief in their ability to complete tasks or to achieve goals.
- Synonyms: courage, self-esteem
- Example: Your self-belief is growing and you are ready to take on an exciting challenge.
- Definition: having a high regard for your own well-being and happiness
- Synonyms: self-care, self-importance
- Example: Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.
- Definition: the ability to sustain prolonged physical or mental effort
- Synonyms: endurance, energy
- Example: Their secret is stamina rather than speed.
- Definition: gently calm (a person or their feelings)
- Synonyms: calm, settle
- Example: To soothe the skin try chamomile or thyme.
- Definition: to remain alive or in existence
- Synonyms: live, pull through
- Example: Assuming you survive, what he does to you.
- Definition: (especially of something written or spoken) briefly and clearly expressed
- Synonyms: condensed, compact
- Example: Use short, succinct sentences.
- Definition: resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering
- Synonyms: loyal, faithful
- Example: They stood stead-fast on their faith.
Positive Words That Start with S to Uplift Our Mind
The biggest support a person can get is through these motivational words that start with S. An uplifting mind will always promote a positive life.
- Definition: confidence in one’s own worth or abilities; self-respect
- Synonyms: dignity, pride
- Example: Assertiveness training for those with low self-esteem.
- Definition: fix or attach (something firmly so that it cannot be moved or lost
- Synonyms: affix, link
- Example: Pins secured the handle to the main body.
- Definition: health-giving; healthy
- Synonyms: beneficial, healthy
- Example: There were many salubrious eating establishments.
- Definition: the rescue of a wrecked or disabled ship or its cargo from loss at sea
- Synonyms: saving, raising
- Example: A salvage operation was under way.
- Definition: optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation
- Synonyms: optimistic, hopeful
- Example: He is sanguine about prospects for global economy.
- Definition: to give flavor
- Synonyms: flavor, tang
- Example: They savor every last morsel of food.
- Definition: providing or relating to views of impressive or beautiful natural scenery
- Synonyms: pretty, pleasing
- Example: The scenic route to Brussels is worth-seeing.
- Definition: calm and peaceful
- Synonyms: tranquil, bright
- Example: Her eyes were closed and she looked very serene.
- Definition: shine with a soft tremulous light
- Synonyms: twinkle, sparkle
- Example: The sea shimmers in the sunlight.
- Definition: make or become less hard
- Synonyms: ease, soothe
- Example: Plant extracts to soften and moisturize the skin.
List of Positive Words That Start with S to Keep Us Stay Positive
Positivity can make anyone achieve anything in life, so here are some positive words that start with S.
- Definition: of or resembling silk, especially in being soft, fine and lustrous
- Synonyms: soft, sleek
- Example: The fur felt silky and soft.
- Definition: lively, full of energy
- Synonyms: energetic, active
- Example: She was quite sprightly for her age.
- Definition: It is the attitude and perception about your own abilities
- Synonyms: self-confidence, self-trust
- Example: Someone who has self-assurance shows confidence in the things that they say or do.
- Definition: rain very lightly
- Synonyms: powder, dredge
- Example: The rain grew from a mere sprinkle to a respectable drizzle.
- Definition: (of a person’s voice or other sound) imposingly deep and full
- Synonyms: rich, full
- Example: He read aloud with a sonorous and musical voice.
- Definition: willing to talk and engage in activities with other people
- Synonyms: friendly, affable
- Example: Being a sociable person, Eva loved entertaining.
- Definition: (of hair, fur, or skin) smooth and glossy
- Synonyms: smooth, glossy
- Example: He was tall, with sleek, dark hair.
- Definition: free from pretense or deceit; proceeding from genuine feelings
- Synonyms: profound, deep
- Example: They offer their sincere thanks to Paul.
- Definition: of much excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration or awe
- Synonyms: exalted, noble
- Example: Mozart’s sublime piano concerts.
- Definition: snuggle or move into a warm, comfortable position
- Synonyms: nestle, cuddle
- Example: To snuggle down in your sleeping bag Is the most comfortable feeling ever.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with S
Improve your everyday talking style with this perfect list of positive words that start with S. Memorize them by heart.
- Definition: make something simpler or easier to do or understand
- Synonyms: clarify, easily
- Example: An overhaul of court procedure to simplify litigation.
- Definition: a person or thing providing protection
- Synonyms: guard, defense
- Example: A protective coating of grease provides a shield against abrasive dirt.
- Definition: the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way
- Synonyms: chance, accident
- Examples: Natasha had a fortunate stroke of serendipity which caused her to win the lottery.
- Definition: the state of being calm, peaceful
- Synonyms: calm, tranquility
- Examples: The beach deemed to be an oasis of serenity amidst the bustling city.
- Definition: the art of making three dimensional representative or abstract forms, especially by carving stone of wood or by casting metal or plaster
- Synonyms: chisel, carve, sculpt
- Examples: The roman emperor ordered the making of a new sculpture to display in his room.
- Definition: to set apart to a sacred purpose or to religious use
- Synonyms: forgiveness, atonement
- Examples: The priest sanctified the church with a special ceremony.
- Definition: sit or lie in the sun, especially to tan the skin
- Synonyms: bask, bake
- Examples: Tana did not do much apart from swim, sunbathe and sleep.
- Definition: having the power to produce the sensation of taste
- Synonyms: tasty, enjoyable
- Examples: Despite being bedridden with her sickness and no ability to taste good food, she soporifically tasted a yummy taste from the food despite the circumstances.
- Definition: healthy or health-giving
- Synonyms: healthful, medicinal
- Examples: The thirsty wayfarer eagerly took a drink of the spring’s salutiferous water.
- Definition: glasses tinted to protect the eyes from sunlight or glare
- Synonyms: tint, protect, eyes
- Examples: When the sun got too unbearable for her eyes, she ended up putting on her sunglasses.
Positive Words That Start with S for Attractive Resumes
Getting a job has become a tough thing for all of us. Make your resumes better with all these positive words that start with S.
- Definition: sparkling or shining brightly
- Synonyms: shining, bright
- Examples: The sunrays were reflecting on the disco ball causing it to have a scintillating effect.
- Definition: keep safe or rescue someone or something from harm or danger
- Synonyms: rescue, protect
- Examples: The lifeguard was told to save the boy from drowning.
- Definition: a utensil resembling a spoon, with a long handle and a deep bowl, used for removing powdered, granulated, or semisolid substances such as ice-cream from a container
- Synonyms: spoon, ladle, dipper
- Examples: The powder is packed in tubs in which a measuring scoop is provided.
- Definition: very good indeed; very impressive or attractive
- Synonyms: gorgeous, stunning
- Examples: She looked sensational after she got her makeup done for prom.
- Definition: having a portion of something with another or others
- Synonyms: split, divide, portion
- Examples: Ever since we were young, we were told that sharing is caring hence it was imbedded in our personality to share our food with others.
- Definition: to give comfort to in grief or misfortune
- Synonyms: comfort, soothe, console
- Examples: Many people get their greatest solace from gardening.
- Definition: a trace of a specified quality or intense feeling
- Synonyms: flicker, speck
- Examples: There was a spark seen between the boy and the girl and their mothers smiled with happiness.
- Definition: impressively splendid
- Synonyms: magnificent, excellent, impressive
- Examples: The girl was told that her work in class was superb and she got a promotion as the class monitor.
- Definition: having a strong, pleasant taste
- Synonyms: flavorful, tasteful, tasty
- Examples: The almonds have a sapid, harmonic taste and its aftertaste of bitter almonds gives sensations of rare elegance.
- Definition: wise, or attempting to appear wise
- Synonyms: wisdom, intellectual, of old-age
- Examples: I wonder why the sapient writer of that article did not inquire whether a license was required for tea.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with S
This article will make learning fun for you. Reading all these positive words starting with S will make your life beautiful and worth-living. Imagine how many people can benefit with your enhanced vocabulary. Every time you say something new with the letter S, it will be heard and learnt by someone either in your family or friends group. Make it a fun activity! Get help from a friend, tell them to ask some S words from you and then you do the same with them. In no time you would have already learnt most of the words listed her. Positive words that start with the letter S itself are re freshening and inspiring. Hope you enjoyed reading! Have fun learning!
Ps. See also adjectives words that start with S, nouns that start with S and verbs that start with S.