In this article we have positive words that start with E. There are enough positive words beginning with E that they can form a huge list! Like this article below where we have a list of positive words that start with E, this is a sure and easy way to increase your vocabulary.
You know, E is a very interesting word like most of the other alphabets. This alphabet in particular is one of the most common words in the English vocabulary! It appears in 11% of all the words in the Oxford English dictionary. Wow, there must also be a lot of inspirational words that start with E, don’t you think? Well, keep on reading to find out.
In this article below, we have carefully divided the letters into sections and each word has its meaning as well as a sentence as an example to make it easy for all the readers. This will help you understand the words fully without any confusion!
Positive Words That Start with E– Full List (415 words)
Positive Words That Start with E to Describe a Person
Describing a person is one of the hardest things because we humans are complex creatures. These words starting with E to describe a person positively help you describe a person positively.
- Definition: to have a keen interest or intense desire
- Synonyms: sharp, enthusiastic, interested
- Example: She was eager about all the new things.
- Definition: to have no worry or concern
- Synonyms: relaxed, unhurried, leisurely
- Example: She is such an easygoing person to deal with.
- Definition: to be in a state full of joy
- Synonyms: pleasurable, joyful, delighted
- Example: He felt ecstatic when they liked his painting.
- Definition: to be full of enthusiasm
- Synonyms: eager, fervent, passionate
- Example: He is very enthusiastic about the recently published article.
- Definition: to exceed the limits of reason
- Synonyms: lavish. Improvident, fancy
- Example: He lived a very simple life with no need for extravagant things.
- Definition: to always show deep sincerity
- Synonyms: diligent, hearty, solemn
- Example: She was a very earnest student, and so always had good grades.
- Definition: to select or choose from various sources
- Synonyms: wide-ranging, diverse
- Example: She usually takes an eclectic approach towards every situation.
- Definition: to do something before the expected time
- Synonyms: timely, prompt, beforehand
- Example: He arrived early in order to check if everything was ready for the event.
- Definition: to instruct someone morally
- Synonyms: educate, instruct, teach
- Example: He edified all the people around him through his book.
- Definition: to have a good education
- Synonyms: literate, well informed, enlightened
- Example: He was an educated person who used his knowledge for the betterment.
Positive Words That Start with E to Encourage Yourself
We all need motivation sometimes to get through a difficult day. To help you a little bit with that problem, the following good words that start with E are listed below.
- Definition: to be unusual
- Synonyms: extraordinary, rare, uncommon
- Example: It was his exceptional talent that led to his success.
- Definition: to take a determined attempt
- Synonyms: attempt, try, endeavor
- Example: He was able to become the successful man that he is due to his continuous effort.
- Definition: to have a strong feeling due to a certain situation
- Synonyms: feeling, sentiment, sensation
- Example: It is very important to take control of your emotions, so you don’t feel discouraged over small things.
- Definition: to have the capability of gaining the desired result
- Synonyms: productive, functional, competent
- Example: The effective results were due to his constant hard work.
- Definition: to do something in an exact manner
- Synonyms: fairly, uniformly
- Example: She is equally eligible for presenting the country in tennis to the world as the previous winner.
- Definition: someone who is confident to make relevant choices
- Synonyms: enabled, permitted, entitled
- Example: He empowered the people around him so that they can move forward together.
- Definition: to make someone or something beloved
- Synonyms: lovable, appealing, charming
- Example: He endeared the difficult days to become the person of his dream.
- Definition: be able to convey a feeling
- Synonyms: eloquent, telling, meaningful
- Example: It was his expressive personality that made him overcome his difficulties.
- Definition: to give someone greater knowledge about a certain topic
- Synonyms: advice, inform, illuminate
- Example: He started writing novels in order to enlighten the people.
- Definition: to be sure, or certain
- Synonyms: secure, guarantee, assure
- Example: He ensured to reach his goal no matter what happens.
Positive Words That Start with E to Compliments Others
You can use these words to compliment not only others but also yourself! We all need ourselves, love, don’t we? The following are nice words that start with E to compliment everyone around us.
- Definition: to be very charming
- Synonyms: eagerness, keenness, passion
- Example: His enchanting personality is what made him move forward in his job.
- Definition: to be someone who is high spirited
- Synonyms: bubbly, cheerful, bouncy
- Example: She was ebullient over the reception of her illustration.
- Definition: to be extremely good
- Synonyms: outstanding, first-rate, magnificent
- Example: He was excellent at his job, which is why so many people loved him.
- Definition: to be excited about something
- Synonyms: supporter, admirer
- Example: He was an enthusiast who never stopped himself from experiencing something new.
- Definition: to be open and direct
- Synonyms: sensible, natural, practical
- Example: Being the earthy person she is, she talked about the corruption against women.
- Definition: someone who is extremely beautiful
- Synonyms: attractive, beautiful, chic
- Example: She looked exquisite in the beautiful black dress.
- Definition: to have a way with words
- Synonyms: expressive, impassioned, oratorical
- Example: She gave speeches that were always eloquent and powerful.
- Definition: to have the ability to express emotions
- Synonyms: affective, impassioned, emotional
- Example: His artwork offers an emotive force that can’t be explained.
- Definition: someone who is heavenly
- Synonyms: airy, celestial, delicate
- Example: Her ethereal voice sounded as if she was an angel.
- Definition: to be productive with minimal effort
- Synonyms: able, competent, adept
- Example: She is the most efficient worker in the company.
Positive Words That Start with E to Help Through Difficulties
When going through a difficult time, reading these words to yourself might encourage you. Or you can use it to encourage others around you! The following words are encouraging words that start with E.
- Definition: someone who is exceptionally good in a certain matter
- Synonyms: enabled, permitted, entitled
- Example: He was able to succeed because of how excelled he was at art.
- Definition: to give someone courage, hope, or confidence
- Synonyms: support, reassure, help
- Example: Being encouraged by my loved ones, I was able to do what everyone thought was impossible.
- Definition: to be qualified to participate
- Synonyms: permitted, entitled, allowed
- Example: She was able to do the unthinkable because she knew how eligible she was.
- Definition: to be very observant
- Synonyms: keen-sighted, discerning
- Example: My eagle-eyed mother noticed that some cakes had gone missing.
- Definition: to have energy or enthusiasm
- Synonyms: spirit, verve, ardor
- Example: By completing his work with elan, he was able to reach the highest peak of success.
- Definition: to be full of energy
- Synonyms: ebullience, buoyancy, cheerfulness
- Example: The exuberance from the people around her made her grow up into the beautiful woman she is.
- Definition: someone with sincere conviction
- Synonyms: seriously, solemnly, gravely
- Example: He earnestly hoped that his art would help him overcome his trauma.
- Definition: to do something without much difficulty
- Synonyms: readily, simply, handily
- Example: He was easily able to become a great leader by enlightening people around him.
- Definition: to conform to standards of conduct
- Synonyms: aboveboard, virtuous, conscientious
- Example: It was his ethical behavior that led to people around him being kind towards him.
- Definition: to lift someone up
- Synonyms: glorify, praise, acclaim
- Example: She exalted the people around her with her positive words.
Positive Words That Start with E to Uplift Our Mind
Uplifting our minds is very important to live a happy life, therefore, these motivational words that start with the E might make it a little easier for you and those around you.
- Definition: something that is heavenly
- Synonyms: celestial, delicate, airy
- Example: The elysian voice of the singer made her go into a state of euphoria.
- Definition: something that is interesting
- Synonyms: fun, engaging, delightful
- Example: The entertaining game with her family made her forget about all the difficulties.
- Definition: to have a feeling of extreme joy
- Synonyms: bliss, delight, euphoria
- Example: She entered into a state of ecstasy as she saw her parents return safely.
- Definition: to experience extreme happiness
- Synonyms: delight, rapture, ecstasy
- Example: His elation increased due to the success of his novel.
- Definition: to hold someone tightly in one’s arms
- Synonyms: hug, enfold, grip
- Example: All it took was his warm embrace to remove the uneasiness of her mind.
- Definition: to have the ability to understand someone else’s emotions
- Synonyms: care, compassion, understanding
- Example: He was able to escape from that dark place due to the empathy of the people around him.
- Definition: to be totally in love
- Synonyms attracted, captivated, smitten
- Example: He was enamored by her, which made him the happiest person.
- Definition: to have a trill
- Synonyms: amaze, amplify, astonish
- Example: He was able to uplift the minds of many people with his electrifying performance.
- Definition: to experience a feeling of extreme happiness
- Synonyms: bliss, ecstasy, jubilation
- Example: He fell into a state of euphoria as he overcame his fear for a long time.
List of Positive Words That Start with to Keep Us Stay Positive
These are a few words that we could find which are double positive! Not only are these positive words that start with E, but they also make you feel positive.
- Definition: to not require any physical or mental exertion
- Synonyms: easy, facile, graceful
- Example: He helped motivate so many people effortlessly with his excellence in psychology.
- Definition: to have the enthusiasm to do something
- Synonyms: ardor, earnestness, enthusiasm
- Example: It was his eagerness that made him liked by everybody.
- Definition: to be luxuriant
- Synonyms: attractive, beautiful, chic
- Example: Being elegant was her only way to escape from the darkness surrounding her life.
- Definition: to improve the quality
- Synonyms: adorn, beautify, embellish
- Example: It was his work that enriches our views about life.
- Definition: something that is absolutely necessary
- Synonyms: crucial, necessary, key
- Example: Sometimes, an embrace is essential to help someone go through tough times.
- Definition: to be full of life
- Synonyms: active, charged, vivacious
- Example: She was able to stay positive due to her energetic personality.
- Definition: to give support to someone
- Synonyms: help, foster, aid
- Example: It was the encouragement of his therapist that made him have a positive mindset.
- Definition: to be able to produce the desired result
- Synonyms: effective, successful, competent
- Example: He was able to find an effective way to stay positive due to his therapist.
- Definition: to capture the fascinated attention of someone
- Synonyms: absorb, captivate, charm
- Example: The beauty of nature had so enthralled her that she forgot all her difficulties.
- Definition: to be very remarkable
- Synonyms: remarkable, exceptional, amazing
- Example: Her extraordinary story of escape spread positivity among the viewers.
Commonly Used Positive Words E That Start with E
These are common positive words that start with E that you must have read once or twice in your lifetime. You might even know what some of them mean, but nevertheless, they are just as important.
- Definition: to educate someone
- Synonyms: educational, instructive, informative
- Example: She was eager to know more about educational, scientific experiments.
- Definition: someone who has a quality that gives him superiority
- Synonyms: advantage, lead, head
- Example: His easy-going personality is what gave him the edge over others.
- Definition; to praise someone highly
- Synonyms: elation, exultation, joy
- Example: She was such an excellent artist that made her receive exaltation from people around the world for her artwork.
- Definition: to show no effort
- Synonyms: easy, uncomplicated, simple
- Example: Being the person that she is, she made all of her work look so effortless.
- Definition: to have a feeling of great eagerness
- Synonyms: exhilaration, elation, eagerness
- Example: She felt a feeling of excitement over the response of his viewers about the film.
- Definition: to radiate joy
- Synonyms: radiant, brilliance
- Example: The child brought happiness to the family with his effulgent smile.
- Definition: to be ecstatically happy
- Synonyms: thrilled, exhilarated, happy
- Example: The exceptional food made by the chef made everyone elated.
- Definition: to lift something up
- Synonyms: promotion, upgrade, advancement
- Example: The new intern of the company turned out to be very efficacious, which helped in the elevation of the company.
- Definition: a feeling of extreme happiness
- Synonyms: euphoria, delight, rapture
- Example: He was filled with exhilaration when he saw his new puppy.
- Definition: to praise someone highly
- Synonyms: praise, acclaim, extol
- Example: The ethereal beauty of the actress made everyone eulogize her.
Positive Words That Start with E for Attractive Resumes
Positive words can make a resume stand out and flourish. Using these positive words that start with E will make you feel and seem professional before even getting the job!
- Definition: to have the ability to attract someone’s attention
- Synonyms: capture, catch, attract
- Example: With my adaptable personality, I will be able to engage with the customers.
- Definition: to discuss a topic in detail
- Synonyms: inspect, investigate,
- Example: I want to explore new skills in order to grow in my career.
- Definition: to have the quality of being extremely good
- Synonyms: brilliance, merit, greatness
- Example: Due to my good grades, I have received an award of excellence from the school authority.
- Definition: to have an intense interest
- Synonyms: eagerness, keenness, passion
- Example: I am confident that my enthusiasm for work will be very advantageous for your company.
- Definition: to be able to produce desired results
- Synonyms: effectual, effective, potent
- Example: I am sure that my eloquence can be efficacious in some cases.
- Definition: be able to be graceful
- Synonyms: style, grace, refinement
- Example: I am someone really efficient who can organize the office to make it run with elegance and smoothness.
- Definition: to lift something up
- Synonyms: raise, promote, upgrade
- Example: With my skills, I am confident that I will be able to elevate the status of the company.
- Definition: to enlighten someone
- Synonyms: understanding, insight, learning
- Example: With my engaging personality, I will be able to encourage the team members as well as provide them with enlightenment.
- Definition: someone who is careful about not wasting money
- Synonyms: thrifty, provident, sensible
- Example: I am confident that I will be able to bring advantages to the company with the help of my economical abilities.
- Definition: to set something free
- Synonyms: liberated, independent, free
- Example: I have received exceptional results in all the emancipating plays that I took part in.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with E
The positive words starting with E are very important for our vocabulary, especially because E is a very useful letter that completes a lot of the words that we use and read. This article could not have been written without using the word E.
Thank you for reading this article and in conclusion, make sure to read these positive words that start with the letter E thoroughly, so next time you read a difficult word that starts with E, you immediately know what it means. This will not only impress all your peers but also give you a confidence boost!