Do you want to know more positive words that start with H? Then keep on reading this interesting article that was written with love. There are a lot of positive words beginning with H in this list, so I’m sure you will find the word you are looking for and also words that you didn’t know existed.
Do you want to know something interesting about the letter H? This letter might be the most hated letter in the English alphabet according to Micheal Rosen, how sad! Moreover, this letter is pronounced in two ways, “aitch” and “haitch.” Which way do you pronounce it? Also, there are fewer words starting with H alone and more starting with ch, ph, sh, and th. Doesn’t this make you want to learn more about the inspirational words that start with H?
The list of positive words that start with H is written below, in a way that makes them easy to read and easy to understand. So what are you waiting for?
Positive Words That Start with H – Full List (300 words)
Positive Words That Start with H to Describe a Person
Words starting with H to describe a person positively are the ones mentioned below. These will be very useful if you know how to use them.
- Definition: fortunate and convenient
- Synonyms: lucky, fortunate
- Example: He had the happy knack of making people like him.
- Definition: a person who sells small items door-to-door or from a stall
- Synonyms: trade, dealer, seller
- Example: A huckster offered to sell Carnegie the formula for guaranteed success for $20,000.
- Definition: (especially of an old person) strong and healthy
- Synonyms: healthy, fit
- Example: She is still hale and hearty in her nineties.
- Definition: a person who announces important news
- Synonyms: messenger, announcer
- Example: Mercury was the herald of the Roman gods.
- Definition: evoking a desire to hug close; inviting a close embrace
- Synonyms: cuddly, attractive
- Example: He is a huggable little baby.
- Definition: a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity
- Synonyms: human-centered, humane
- Example: He is a practical humanist who believes in the dignity of mankind.
- Definition: funny or making you laugh
- Synonyms: funny, entertaining
- Example: He was a true mentor, teaching us to be subtle, firm, and humorous all at the same time.
- Definition: a person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities
- Synonyms: champion, winner
- Example: The tale’s hero was one of the men she was angry at.
- Definition: bringing or deserving honor
- Synonyms: respectable, virtuous
- Example: He is an honorable man.
- Definition: a woman admired for her courage or noble qualities
- Synonyms: winner, star
- Example: Newly crowned heroine Lydia Larkin won the election by eight votes.
Positive Words That Start with H to Encourage Yourself
Good words that start with H are useful to encourage yourself. Make sure to read the examples as well to use them properly.
- Definition: a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen
- Synonyms: expectation, desire, ambition
- Example: Don’t lose hope, we’ll find her.
- Definition: a bright ring of light
- Synonyms: aurora, the crown of light
- Example: She was so angelic-looking; I think she even had a halo.
- Definition: the quality of being humane
- Synonyms: kindness, generosity
- Example: We must observe the canons of humanity.
- Definition: working in agreement, pleasing environment
- Synonyms: peace, amity
- Example: I try to live in harmony with nature.
- Definition: increasing cheerfulness or confidence
- Synonyms: promising, cheering
- Example: It was heartening to see so many people at the rally.
- Definition: the act of bravery or selflessness
- Synonyms: bravery, courage
- Example: For his heroism, he had the honor of getting a purple heart.
- Definition: having good human qualities like kindness and compassion
- Synonyms: considerate, compassionate, kind, benevolent
- Example: He had a more humane kind of approach.
- Definition: dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose
- Synonyms: sacred, divine
- Example: Is this a holy place?
- Definition: emotionally rewarding or uplifting
- Synonyms: touching, pleasing, heartening
- Example: It’s heart-warming to see how his neighbors have helped him.
- Definition: the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- Synonyms: high spirits, prime
- Example: In the heyday of his youth his high spirits and passion for adventure enabled him to surmount every obstacle.
Positive Words That Start with H to Compliment Others
Nice words that start with H should be used to compliment others! They will help you make new friends and keep the existing ones happy.
- Definition: admirably brave or determined
- Synonyms: brave, courageous, bold, daring
- Example: His heroic action has left a deep impression on people’s minds.
- Definition: tending to work with energy and commitment
- Synonyms: industrious, diligent, persevering
- Example: He was a hardworking, frugal, and thrifty man who was saving to buy a small cottage from his employer.
- Definition: having a pleasing and usually impressive or dignified appearance
- Synonyms: attractive, stunning, good-looking
- Example: His handsome profile was turned away from us.
- Definition: plain, genuine, and straightforward
- Synonyms: honest, legitimate, natural
- Example: He possesses a real, honest-to-goodness human smile.
- Definition: not proud or haughty, not arrogant
- Synonyms: submissive, modest
- Example: Emily lived a very humble and simple life.
- Definition: loudly vigorous and cheerful
- Synonyms: cheerful, lively, wholehearted
- Example: He cut off the conversation with a hearty laugh.
- Definition: giving or ready to give help
- Synonyms: supportive, cooperative, kind
- Example: She has been extremely helpful.
- Definition: in a good physical or mental condition; in good health
- Synonyms: fit, sound, robust
- Example: She grew up healthy and strong.
- Definition: witty, clever, and amusing; able to say or write clever and amusing things
- Synonyms: very funny, humorous
- Example: My friend Jeff is hilarious.
Positive Words That Start with H to Help Through Difficulties
Encouraging words that start with H can be used for yourself and others when going through difficulties in life. They might be unexpectedly helpful.
- Definition: to make it easier or possible for somebody to do something by doing something for them or by giving them something that they need
- Synonyms: assist, aid
- Example: She used to help him with his homework.
- Definition: an act of putting your arms around somebody and holding them tightly, especially to show that you like or love them
- Synonyms: embrace, cuddle, hold
- Example: She hugged him to ease his fear.
- Definition: welcoming or friendly
- Synonyms: congenial, sociable
- Example: His hospitable manner of living was the admiration of all.
- Definition: tuneful; not discordant; forming a pleasing or consistent whole
- Synonyms: melodious, harmonic
- Example: Their harmonious relationship pleases us!
- Definition: in a way that expresses desire with an expectation of fulfillment
- Synonyms: optimistically, expectantly
- Example: Hopefully, things will settle down for them now.
- Definition: a place of refuge and comfort and security
- Synonyms: foster, shelter
- Example: The ship is expected to reach the harbor tonight.
- Definition: the pursuit of pleasure; sensual self-indulgence
- Synonyms: pleasure-seeking, self-indulgence
- Example: He displays a hedonism and love of the good life that mirrors the awful lifestyle Liam had.
- Definition: cause (a wound, injury, or person) to become sound or healthy again
- Synonyms: cure, mend, restore
- Example: Time can heal the pain of grief.
- Definition: giving strong encouragement
- Synonyms: moralistic, encouraging
- Example: The coach gave his players a hortatory speech to inspire them to play well.
- Definition: holy or sacred, like sacred ground
- Synonyms: sacred, divine, consecrated
- Example: The church was a hallowed place because of the sacred artifacts.
Positive Words That Start with H to Uplift Our Mind
Motivational words that start with H can be used to uplift everyone’s mind. Kindness is appreciated by everyone, even yourself.
- Definition: having high or noble principles
- Synonyms: honest, devoted
- Example: Mary was a virtuous high-principled lady.
- Definition: state of merriment
- Synonyms: laughter, amusement
- Example: The hilarity of the comedy show was interrupted by a brawl in the audience.
- Definition: not able or likely to cause harm
- Synonyms: safe, gentle
- Example: Even though they made his instincts uneasy, they were harmless lies.
- Definition: of heaven; divine, delightful
- Synonyms: holy, angelic
- Example: It was a heavenly day.
- Definition: the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech
- Synonyms: absurdity, hilarity
- Example: His sense of humor always lightens up my day.
- Definition: lively and cheerful in behavior or mood
- Synonyms: vibrant, active, energetic
- Example: The naturally high-spirited and friendly child was becoming nervous and irritable.
- Definition: an extended period of leisure and recreation, especially one spent away from home or traveling
- Synonyms: break, rest
- Example: I like summer holidays better than school.
- Definition: in a happy way
- Synonyms: merrily, joyfully
- Example: She watched the men eating happily around the table.
- Definition: the person you are infatuated with
- Synonyms: sweetheart, beauty
- Example: My former heartthrob has put on weight.
List of Positive Words That Start with H to Keep Us Stay Positive
Positive words that start with H will not only help you stay positive but also help you feel happy. We all love reading positive things that can at the right time to feel seen.
- Definition: feeling or showing pleasure or contentment
- Synonyms: optimistic, promising, propitious
- Example: His audition went well and he’s fairly hopeful about getting the part.
- Definition: the state of being holy
- Synonyms: sanctity, divinity
- Example: She is one of our own who attained great holiness.
- Definition: used to express joy or approval
- Synonyms: glory, joy
- Example: Three cheers for the winner — hip, hip, hooray!
- Definition: the process of making or becoming sound or healthy again
- Synonyms: alleviate, ease
- Example: Tell me about your healing ability.
- Definition: the action or process of adding notes to a melody to produce harmony
- Synonyms: accordance, agreement, peace
- Example: The final thesis is that the international harmonization of competition policies is essential.
- Definition: the state of being happy
- Synonyms: pleasure, joy
- Example: I wish you all the happiness you deserve.
- Definition: high respect; great esteem
- Synonyms: glory, respect
- Example: He is an honor to his family.
- Definition: inducing sleep; holding attention
- Synonyms: soothing, mesmerizing, soporific
- Example: She hesitated while her silver eyes swirled with hypnotic slowness.
- Definition: a religious discourse that is intended primarily for spiritual edification rather than doctrinal instruction
- Synonyms: sermon, lecture
- Example: The priest gave a brief homily on forgiveness.
- Definition: the tendency towards a relatively stable equilibrium between interdependent elements maintained by physiological processes
- Synonyms: equilibrium, balance
- Example: Homeostasis is present in all life, helping to stabilize and sustain.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with H
Positive words that start with H are listed below. However, these words are very common which means you will be using these every day while holding a normal conversation.
- Definition: a settled tendency or usual manner of behavior
- Synonyms: pattern, custom, manner
- Example: He developed some bad habits while living alone.
- Definition: pay attention to; take notice of
- Synonyms: notice, note
- Example: He should have heeded the warnings.
- Definition: a loved one
- Synonyms: precious, dear
- Example: Honey, are you here?
- Definition: the practice of keeping yourself and your living and working areas clean in order to prevent illness and disease
- Synonyms: clean, pure
- Example: Brushing your teeth regularly is an important part of good dental hygiene.
- Definition: the state of being free from illness or injury
- Synonyms: fitness, well-being
- Example: He’s in good health these days.
- Definition: having very good eyesight
- Synonyms: vigilant, observant
- Example: A hawk-eyed policeman saved the lives of dozens of shoppers.
- Definition: a place regarded in various religions as the abode of God and the angels
- Synonyms: paradise, eternity
- Example: Heaven’s vengeance is slow but sure.
- Definition: the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family
- Synonyms: place, property
- Example: She followed him home to find out where he lived.
- Definition: the right to inherit
- Synonyms: ancestry, legacy
- Example: I wish to deal with the concept of heirship.
Positive Words That Start with H for Attractive Resumes
This last section has positive words that start with H for helping you write resumes. Let’s be honest writing a resume is not an easy job, but this might make it a little easier.
- Definition: a person who is able or employed to do occasional domestic repairs and minor renovations
- Synonyms: laborer, fixer, helper
- Example: He was a migrant handyman with no calluses.
- Definition: aware of and attentive to
- Synonyms: attentive, careful, mindful
- Example: Be heedful of what you store because your mind is a chamber of information
- Definition: a person who is or has the potential to be very successful, especially academically or in business
- Synonyms: achiever, succeeder
- Example: The company was once a high-flier in the disk drive business.
- Definition: morally or culturally superior
- Synonyms: moral, ethical
- Example: Such behavior is inconsistent with her high-minded principles.
- Definition: producing a pleasing visual combination
- Synonyms: coordinate, balance
- Example: The singers began to harmonize the new song.
- Definition: a large house where people can stay free or cheaply
- Synonyms: dormitory, boarding house
- Example: Carmen and Alex live in the same hostel.
- Definition: having the mentality, personality, emotional control
- Synonyms: mastered, dominated
- Example: He is headed at astrology.
- Definition: highly respected
- Synonyms: dignified, reputable
- Example: He is an honored member of the community.
- Definition: a person who seeks to promote human welfare
- Synonyms: a benevolent, civilized, benefactor
- Example: She has many humanitarian interests and contributes a lot to them.
- Definition: free of deceit; truthful and sincere
- Synonyms: truthful, genuine, straightforward
- Example: His honest answer silenced her.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with H
Thank you for reading and finishing this article! I am sure you already feel motivated to use the words somewhere that you learned from here. Positive words starting with H are unique and interesting, as we all know by now. Studying these words along with the synonyms and examples will make sure that you never forget the words ever again!
Make sure to read all positive words that start with the letter H listed in this article. Hopefully, these words will help to improve your vocabulary as well as helping you academically. Everyone should use them in their daily life and revise them when they forget one or two of them so that these are never forgotten again.