Why does my scalp itch and how can I stop it?
An itchy scalp can have a variety of causes including dandruff, dry skin, and certain medical conditions such as psoriasis. A treatment for psoriasis can offer you a great solution to tackle this itchy feeling caused by psoriasis. Treatment against the itching also works effectively when you were using hair products with harsh chemicals, silicones, parabens, or sulphates before.
This is because harsh chemicals can contribute to further itching and scalp irritation. In this case, more sebum builds itself up on your scalp and it gets more vulnerable which is why it is important to understand the underlying cause of your underlying scalp.
When you are already too late you can use a scalp peeling serum to peel off impurities such as flakes, scales, dirt, and dead skin cells. When you don’t properly remove these substances from your scalp it is possible that they clog your hair follicles, cause inflammation, and can lead to further dandruff, hair loss, and itching. This is why it is important to regularly cleanse the scalp and hair to remove the impurities from your scalp and maintain optimal scalp health.
Other conditions that can cause scalp itch
Scalp itch is not always caused by a dry scalp, psoriasis, or dandruff. There are also other conditions such as the following five:
- Tinea capitis, which is known as ringworm can also cause itching, scaling, and redness on the scalp. Ringworm is a fungal infection that often appears in people that share locker rooms or other places with excessive sweating often.
- Allergic reactions, to foods, medications, or hair products can cause itching and irritation on the scalp. Certain medications can also cause hair loss and damage hair follicles.
- Head lice, which are tiny insects that infest themselves on the scalp and cause intense itching due to an allergic reaction to the bug bites.
- Folliculitis, an infection of the hair follicles on the scalp that cause redness, itching, and small bumps. It often appears in people with obesity
- Scalp eczema, a chronic skin condition that causes scaling, itching, and redness of the scalp. You may have a higher risk of developing scalp eczema when you have other skin conditions, Parkinson’s disease, HIV, epilepsy, or traumatic brain injury.
When you want to read more about conditions that cause itching on the scalp and what you can do about the different causes of scalp itching, Neofollics is a website that provides you with many solutions and explanations.