Adjectives that start with X are rarely seen and used in daily English conversation. But if you learn and use some adjectives starting with X in front of your friends, you’ll absolutely impress them.
Let’s take a good at some examples of adjectives beginning with X.
- Everyone feels comfortable in a xenial relationship.
- Camels live in xerothermic places.
- I enjoy listening to xylophonic music records.
Do you know any descriptive words that start with X above? I believe to most people, the answer would be “No” and thus you got a chance to show off your English.
Let’s continue to check the list of adjectives that start with X below.
Adjectives That Start with X – Full List (20 words)
Adjectives That Start with X – with Definitions and Examples
- Definition: someone who is friendly to strangers, intruders, and outsiders
- Synonyms: obsequious, ingratiating, sycophantic, fawning
- Example: Her xenodochial behavior is so irritating.
- Definition: the friendly relationship between guest and host
- Synonyms: rapport, affinity
- Example: Everyone feels comfortable in a xenial relationship.
- Definition: a place or a thing that is extremely hot and dry
- Synonyms: airless, burning, boiling, blazing
- Example: Camels live in xerothermic places.
- Definition: something that is involved in, relating to, or denoting cells and tissues belonging to individuals of various living species
- Synonyms: cellular, flesh, matter, substance
- Example: Xenogeneic means something derived from multiple living species, and it is immunologically and genetically incompatible.
- Definition: The art of woodblock printing
- Synonyms: woodworking, crafting
- Example: I saw many xylographic images in the museum.
- Definition: a musical instrument made of wood that sounds like a mallet
- Synonyms: idiophone
- Example: I enjoy listening to xylophonic music records.
- Definition: an imaginary, fantastic, and glorious place of idyllic beauty and magnification
- Synonyms: dreamlike, fabled, fictional, fairyland, idealized
- Example: Three architects, two Engineers, one land surveyor, and a lot of machinery combined with working day and night to build a Xanadu.
- Definition: an animal bird or insect that is capable of boring, cutting, or digging into the wood
- Synonyms: wood-digger
- Example: I love my precious furniture; this is why I use a spray to kill xylotomous insects trying to attack it.
- Definition: something which is shaped like is a sword
- Synonyms: sword-like, sword-shaped
- Example: Before the invention of nuclear weapons, xiphoid weapons were used on the battlefield.
- Definition: a photoelectric method of recording an x-ray image on a coated metal plate using dry chemical developers, longer exposure time, and lower energy photon beams.
- Synonyms: xeroradiography
- Example: I decided to use the Xeromammographic method because of its affordable cost.
- Definition: something that is foreign to the body or ecological system, something which is not produced by an organism’s metabolism system
- Synonyms: external, outer
- Example: The doctors found xenobiotic bacteria in my intestine.
- Definition: specific species of natural vegetation that can grow and survive without or minimum amount of water
- Synonyms: desert plants, chaparral plants.
- Example: Xerophytic plants have tiny spines, tiny leaves, and they are succulent.
- Definition: Something of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk
- Synonyms: yellowish, yellow
- Example: There are different types of fungus and algae that have a xanthous appearance.
- Definition: something that does not have its characteristic crystalline form but has a form impressed on it by surrounding grains
- Synonyms: xenomorphic
- Example: In the chemistry lab, we were examining the properties of xenomorphous substances.
- Definition: herbs, shrubs, weeds, grass, climbers, plants or trees having small sword-shaped leaves
- Synonyms: xiph
- Example: I have many beautiful xiphophyllous plants in my garden.
- Definition: relating to transplantation between various species and genera
- Example: The biology students were taught about the xenoplastic methods.
- Definition: a person who feels and shows prejudice and hatred against people from foreign countries
- Synonyms: racist, racialist, ethnocentric, ethnocentrist
- Example: The science teacher started displaying xenophobic behavior after the admission of an African student in her classroom.
- Definition: someone who is belonging to a foreign place
- Synonyms: outsider, incomer
- Example: His skin complexion revealed that he was xenogenetic.
- Definition: a place, thing, or an environment that is very dry and lacking moist
- Synonyms: unfresh, parched, withered, shriveled
- Example: The small oasis dried up in the xeric weather of the desert, so the xeric animals, like camels, could not quench their thirst on time.
- Definition: a dry photocopying process in which a negative image formed in black or colored powder adheres to parts of a surface remaining electrically charged plate after being exposed to light from a picture of the document to be copied is transferred a positive to paper and thermally fixed
- Synonyms: electrophotography, photocopy
- Example: An American physician named Chester Charlson first used the xerographic process.
Final Thoughts on Adjectives That Start with X
I believe that after reading the above-given adjectives that start with the letter X along with definitions, synonyms, and examples, you have now completely understood them and are able to use them in your everyday conversation.
You must remember that your conversation is almost meaningless and lifeless without the explanatory power of adjectives. The above-given 20 adjectives that start with X, especially the adjectives that start with X to describe a person positively will help you sound like a great genius when you write an essay or talk to people, and no doubt someone will praise you.