With colossal advances in marketing tools and strategies, email marketing has remained constant. The global email marketing industry was valued at $7.5 billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach $17.9 billion by 2027.
B2B email marketing today has evolved from just being a message in your inbox to becoming more innovative and more targeted.
It has undeniably become an effective platform to connect with other businesses to share your vision and values.
Though executing a successful email marketing strategy may seem arduous, it has become the core of every business today. So, how do you ace the email marketing game and get started right away?
What is Email Marketing in B2B?
In a B2B setup, you are solely not marketing to a single customer or selling your products and services instantly. Here, you curate your emails and newsletters for other businesses and leaders to create awareness.
Few aspects of B2B email marketing are crucial since your target audience is better informed and logical than an individual customer.
To that end, you may want to refrain from being promotional and target more on building credibility and trust. Does all this sound overwhelming? Probably, yes.
Email marketing has become the go-to marketing tool for marketers with exceptional leads and broad reach.
Why Does Your Business Need it?
Businesses today are chasing innovative ideas and strategies to widen their customer base. It applies to both B2C and the B2B space. Amid all the clutter, emails have stood the ground of guiding businesses to generate revenue in no time.
So why is investing in an email marketing plan be your next move?
- Cost-Effective: Email is the most effective and reasonable option compared to other marketing approaches.
- Email List: Once you start building an email list is yours to keep it forever. You can always access this resource in the future to advance your business.
- Higher Conversion Rate: Email has a better conversion and ROI rate than other marketing tools. It gives you conclusive results that make it worthy of your investment within a short span.
How to Get Started with B2B Email Marketing?
Now that you know its benefits, it is time to get adept with the best email B2B marketing practices. From where do you start?
Make a List
Building an email list is equal to a gold mine for your business to flourish. That does not mean you blindly buy the list without understanding your audience.
Instead, seek their permission and persuade them to join your email list. Moreover, you can even motivate them to sign up by offering free resources, consultation tactics, and tips.
This move will woo your customers to sign up to your list in return for compelling content.
Effective and Targeted Content
Another factor you must consider is the copy of the email. Ensure that the content you send your audience is less promotional and more informative.
So, how do you make your content captivating and persuasive?
- Try to filter jargon and make use of simple words. Being straightforward and conversational will add credibility to your business.
- Carefully segment your audience to understand their needs and knowledge. This way, you can personalize the content and even make it dynamic, catering to their pain points.
- Back your email content with factual data and evidence to make it appealing and convincing.
It is vital to analyze your metrics to know if your email marketing exhibits favorable results. Through this, you will know where your marketing strategy lacks and what better you can do to fill in the gaps.
Here are a few metrics that will help you analyze your results over time.
- Unsubscribe rate
- CTR (Click-through rate)
- Open rate
Before jumping into creating your strategy, you must have an email marketing service in place. This software will help you develop campaigns and automate processes to make them seamless.
Now that you are almost there, get in touch with us right away!