In this article, we are gonna share with you some of the best gardening quotes. Plants and greenery are sources of life. They represent life and its existence; thus, it is imperative to indulge in gardening. Here is an exciting list of gardening quotes to encourage you to grow plants.
You can take up gardening even on a small scale; it is not necessary to have acres of land for practicing gardening. Even a patch of greenery can be sufficient for this purpose.
Planting trees is crucial for the environment, whereas gardening gives you mental satisfaction. It increases the beauty of the place and looks pleasant to the eyes.
Let’s get started for these inspiring gardening quotes below.
Table of Contents
Happy Gardening Quotes to Inspire the Gardener in You
- A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all, it teaches entire trust. –Gertrude Jekyll
- Garden as though you will live forever. –William Kent
- God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures. –Francis Bacon
- Gardening is how I relax. It’s another form of creating and playing with colors. –Oscar de la Rentawn
- My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece. –Claude Monet
- When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden. –Minnie Aumonier
- If you’ve never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden. –Robert Brault
- Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul. –Luther Burbank
- When you increase the number of gardens, you increase the number of heavens too! –Mehmet Murat ildan
- Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace. –May Sarton
Gardening is not just for great aesthetics; it teaches us things we cannot comprehend initially. It teaches us patience and calmness. It teaches us to spend time alone, to look through the details.
Gardening is highly relaxing for the mind and relaxing activity for the soul. It gives you a sense of accomplishment; it makes you believe that you can do great things.
You get a sense of purpose when you indulge in gardening whole-heartedly. You feel fresh and energized at the sight of colourful flowers and budding new plants. You can decorate your garden as per your preference.
Gardening Quotes and Sayings to Nurture Your Green Thumb
- No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden. –Thomas Jefferson
- To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow. –Audrey Hepburn
- The best place to find God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. –George Bernard Shaw
- Your mind is the garden, your thoughts are the seeds. The harvest can either be flowers or weeds. –William Wordsworth
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. –Alfred Lord Tennyson
- If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. –Marcus Tullius Cicero
- There is nothing more refreshing than to see new life emerge in the spring after a long, hard Minnesota winter. I think the routine of caring and watering my flowers and veggies is peaceful and soul-soothing. –Nancy Bjerke
- If you wish to make anything grow, you must understand it, and understand it in a very real sense. ‘Green fingers’ are a fact, and a mystery only to the unpracticed. But green fingers are the extensions of a verdant heart. –Russell Page,
- The green thumb is equable in the face of nature’s uncertainties; he moves among her mysteries without feeling the need for control or explanations or once-and-for-all solutions. To garden well is to be happy amid the babble of the objective world, untroubled by its refusal to be reduced by our ideas of it, its indomitable rankness. –Michael Pollan
Gardening is not just a hobby; it becomes a way of life to people who fall in love with it. You start giving preference to your plants, even more than humans. You start enjoying the company of your plants.
If you want to see God’s miracle, you should visit a well-maintained garden. The beauty of every leaf, every shrub and every flower is beyond words can explain. The colours of every stalk can make you marvel at God’s perfection.
If you wish to start gardening, it is highly advisable to start doing your research. Even before picking up a grain of soil, read up about do’s and don’ts of gardening. Read up what kind of soil is recommended for every plant.
Short Gardening Quotes Connecting Children with Nature
- Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get. –H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Teaching children about the natural world should be seen as one of the most important events in their lives. –Thomas Berry
- We have such a brief opportunity to pass on to our children our love for this Earth and to tell our stories. These are the moments when the world is made whole. In my children’s memories, the adventures we’ve had together in nature will always exist. –Richard Louv
- A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust. –Gertrude Jekyll
- Gardens are not made by singing ‘Oh, how beautiful,’ and sitting in the shade. –Rudyard Kipling
- The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies. –Gertrude Jekylla
- I am more myself in a garden than anywhere else on Earth. –Doug Green
Psychologists all around the world highly recommend leaving children in the natural environment. Introducing nature and plants to children at the age of 2 years is recommended.
Children learn to love and become compassionate when they take care of plants; they learn to support and sharing by taking care of plants. It helps improve sensory and motor skills in toddlers.
Once a child falls in love with nature and gardening, rest assured this love will stay in his heart forever.
People feel a sense of belonging when they are in their garden because it is a place they created, the way they like.
Funny Gardening Quotes for Every Gardener
- A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows. –Doug Larson
- A weed is a plant that is not only in the wrong place but intends to stay. –Sara Stein
- My wife’s a water sign. I’m an earth sign. Together we make mud. –Rodney Dangerfield
- A man should never plant a garden larger than his wife can take care of. –T.H. Everett
- Life is a garden. Dig it.
- I have no plants in my house. They won’t live for me. Some of them don’t even wait to die, they commit suicide. –Jerry Seinfeld
- Gardening is cheaper than your therapy and you get tomatoes.
- Growth takes time. Be patient. And while you’re waiting, pull a weed. –Emilie Barnes
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Humor and comedy make everything better, as per popular opinion. Adding a little humor with the above gardening quotes is an excellent way of brightening up your day.
According to expert gardeners, weed is the enemy of beauty. It grows untimely and runs wild at its desire. But it does not leave a place where its roots are spread.
Some people make fun of the concept that gardening is only for women. But this mindset has changed a lot recently. Many men take up gardening as a relaxing hobby, and they excel in it as well.
People looking for calming techniques should look into gardening as this practice gives soothing sensations and some fruits and vegetables as a bonus.
Famous Gardening Quotes and Sayings to Inspire Your Spring Planting
- The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous. –Rabindranath Tagore
- When spring arrives, gradually move your plants outdoors into the bright sun.
- It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the spring, who reaps a harvest in the autumn. –B.C. Forbes
- Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts. –Sigmund Freud
- A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. –Greek proverb
- Trees and plants always look like the people they live with, somehow. –Zora Neale Hurston
- From plants that wake when others sleep, from timid jasmine buds that keep their odour to themselves all day, but when the sunlight dies away let the delicious secret out to every breeze that roams about. –Thomas Moore
- I love decorating my home. I’m a gardener too, so that’s usually something I have to play catch up with. –Suzy Bogguss
- I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow. –David Hobson
- A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them. –Liberty Hyde Bailey
- The Grass is greener on the other side? False. The Grass is greenest where there are fertile soil and optimal sunlight.
The ideal time for planting new trees and plants is spring, and the spring season is just around the corner. If you love to do gardening, then it is just the right time to start selecting your desired plants and making a place for them in your garden.
To get some motivation for spring plantation, read up on the quotes mentioned above and start your gardening today.
It is said that a garden reflects the personality of its owner. A well-maintained, sorted garden will reflect a perfectionist owner, whereas a chaotic garden with wild plants will reflect a free-spirited owner.
It is unanimous that a great looking garden requires hard work and dedication. It takes a lot of labour and love to keep a garden prim and proper.
Beautiful Gardening Quotes to Get You through the Summer
- The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. –Alfred Austin
- I know that if odor were visible, as color is, I’d see the summer garden in rainbow clouds. –Robert Bridges
- A late summer garden has a tranquility found no other time of the year. –William F. Longgood
- Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. –Hans Christian Andersen
- This bud of love, by summer’s ripening breath, May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. –William Shakespeare
- There ought to be gardens for all months in the year, in which, severally, things of beauty may be then in season.–Francis Bacon
A person who loves gardening is generally compassionate towards everybody. A plant-loving person loves every creature no matter how minute or mighty it is.
It takes a lot of selfless acts to nurture a garden and set it up from scratch. You have to bear the harshness of weather, the dedication and motivation to get up and pick up a spade, even when you are not feeling like doing work.
To be able to enjoy the beauty of life, one should indulge in gardening. The beauty of life lays in the beauty of nature; it truly depicts nature’s marvels.
Every budding new leave, every new plant is God’s specimen of how things grow and unravel.
The love of gardening increases with passing time; every season increases the beauty of the garden.
Inspirational I Love Gardening Quotes to Inspire You All Year Long
- If you have a garden in your library, everything will be complete. –Marcus Tullius Cicero, Letter to Varro, 1st century AD
- Life begins the day you start a garden. –Chinese proverb
- Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years. –Unknown
- Gardens are not made by singing ‘Oh, how beautiful,’ and sitting in the shade. –Rudyard Kipling, ‘The Glory of the Garden’ (1911)
- There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. –Janet Kilburn Phillips
- Gardening simply does not allow one to be mentally old, because too many hopes and dreams are yet to be realized. –Allan Armitage
- All gardeners know better than other gardeners. –Chinese proverb
- Who loves a garden loves a greenhouse too. –William Cowper
- We must cultivate our own garden. When a man was put in the Garden of Eden he was put there so that he should work, which proves that man was not born to rest. –Voltaire
Some of the things that increase the quality of life are gardening and literature. A person who has both things is deemed to be satisfied in life.
Gardening keeps the soul young and energized; it makes you look forward to every new day. It makes you look forward to life and keeps you optimistic. It makes you full of energy and positivity.
Every garden and gardener has a different mindset and approach to life. He takes charge of his garden and the way it should look. The garden owner likes to set up the garden according to his preference and doesn’t like any interference in it.
Gardening Quotes about Hobby That’ll Motivate You to Start It Right Now
- My hobby is gardening, I love it, and it’s my main hobby. I like being at home and I’m very happy being in my house, I love cooking. –Susan Hampshire
- Gardening the fine art of soul to soul. –Jan Bills
- An addiction to the garden is not all bad when you consider all the other choice in life. –Cora Lea Bell
- We might think we are nurturing our garden, but of course it’s our garden that is really nurturing us. –Jenny Uglow
- You can’t buy happiness but you can buy plants and that’s pretty much the same thing.
- Gardening simply does not allow one to be mentally old, because too many hopes and dreams are yet to be realized. –Allan Armitage
- There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling. –Mirabel Osler
- There is always Music among the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it. –Minnie Aumonier
- Though an old man, I am but a young gardener. –Thomas Jefferson
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant. –Robert Louis Stevenson
- I think gardening is an act of faith. I also like to cook, so going outside and cutting fresh herbs, onions, peppers and other vegetables is wonderful. –Jeanette Lindberg
Picking up gardening as a hobby is highly beneficial for the personal and mental growth of a person. It makes you forget about the world and its worries and lets you focus on just the world of gardening.
Gardening lets you focus on the little happiness of life that we should be grateful for. It makes a person considerate of other people around him.
One feels the magic in the garden if he selflessly absorbs in it. He hears the music and melodies of plants, one that is inaudible to ordinary people.
One thing that also gets strong with gardening is the faith and love of a person for non-materialistic things.
Final Thoughts on Gardening Quotes
Garden is such a selfless act, but still, it brings mental peace and happiness to a person. It gives a different perspective to thinking, watching plants grow and flourish in front of eyes.
Gardening is said to be the most calming hobby one can opt for. It takes very little money, and the outcome is enormous. You get a soothing mindset as well as a harvest if you are good at it.
Read the above-mentioned gardening quotes to get motivated for planting new trees and plants. Did of any of these gardening quotes resonate with you? Let us know in the comment section.